1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Casshern - WOW

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Pioneer, Nov 1, 2004.

1. Pioneer

Pioneer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just finished watching the Japanese live action DVD of Casshern, and to say that it is a tour de force of Sci Fi cinema is an understatement.

The visuals and photography are quite simply breathtaking. The action sequences defy belief in their orginality and execution and to top it all it is in DTS ES.

For those who don't know what I am waffling on about then check out the trailer. I got my ultimate edition DVD copy from www.yesasia.com

Trailer at : http://images.apple.com/movies/jp/movies/casshern_large.mov

2. Ghidorah

Ghidorah
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

If you dont mind

How much was this inc shipping and how long does it take for delivery

As I have been waiting for this for ages

Thanks in advance

3. Pioneer

Pioneer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I had mine on pre-ordered from yeasia and it arrived within 7 days from receiving notice it had shipped. Total cost was $59 or £33 on my card.
    This is the 2nd time I have used them, the first time it took 24 days for my DVD to arrive, which did get me worried, but their customer service is quite good.

I have 2 more DVD's on pre orded with them and I am pretty confident that they will be OK. The good thing is that you do not get clobbered for import or VAT duty as the post mark on the package is Croydon, even though it comes from Hong Kong!!

4. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,081
    watched a divx of Casshern last night. Though i thought it was on the whole a good movie, i felt it was a bit too long, and i can never quite put up with the japanese romanticism of everything. The CGI was also quite a mixed bag, sometimes spectacular, sometimes pretty cheap looking. Definitely wouldn't pay £33 for it!!

5. Pioneer

Pioneer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think you have to enjoy Japanese films on the whole to appreciate it, as it does have elements of traditional Japanese cinema that you either love or hate.
    That said I did think it was a very orginal film in its design and photography and is the sort of thing I could see Hollywood remking one day with someone like Terry Gilliam at the helm.
    BTW the £33 was for the 3 disc special edition not just a bare bones disc of the film.