Casshern Opinions

sh18

Prominent Member
Reaction score
hi, ive been wanting to get casshern for a while but was wondering what peoples opinions are on the film?, i love anime and the like so thats not an issue, any opinions would be much appreciated.

sh18 said:
hi, ive been wanting to get casshern for a while but was wondering what peoples opinions are on the film?, i love anime and the like so thats not an issue, any opinions would be much appreciated.

The without revealing too much of the movie I can say that the ideology is pretty much like Neon Genesis Evangelion / RahXephon. Don't expect the typical Hollywood-like happy ending :)

Very good movie imho

I saw it in the cinema last year. Oh boy, it's rubbish. Had some very good action scenes. But they're ony 5 minutes of the total running time, and the rest of that time is unparalleled tedium.

But your mileage may vary ;)

Not too bad IMO, 7/10 ish.

It's an extremely dull movie, visually dissapointing with poorly choregraphed & poorly edited action sequences. Rent it, don't buy it.

I was really disappointed with this, and I was sooo looking forward to watching it as well. 4/10 from me.

Hated it, 3/10 from me.

Just like Old Boy...

Greatly anticipated, badly let down.

3/10 coz there are way worse films.

PANASONIC MAN said:
Just like Old Boy...

Greatly anticipated, badly let down.

3/10 coz there are way worse films.

surprising, I know its an opinion but what did u not like about Oldboy ?

Drivel. Worst film I've seen in years. Looks terrible too. Reminded me of Captain Zep

The man was in aroom for 15 years, he did a few press ups and thats about it, he could have been honed into a bodybuilder-sized judo expert or something, and the plot was still a little thin for my liking.

And fancy having his memory rubbed so he could go play happy family withn his new lover...His Daughter...

SICK!

If you ask me, of course!

Mr.D said:
Drivel. Worst film I've seen in years. Looks terrible too.

Reminded me of Spy Captain and the world of Tomorrow.

At least Old Boy was in 6.1 though.

Not much going on in that rear speaker mind, but nice to have in the collection.

well thanks guys :(

bought the le in metal tin - still in wrapper and likely to stay that way unless i am really stuck for something to watch :D

it was certainly hyped up the be something special :rolleyes:

i've got a copy at home - i've only got half way through it - i think its rubbish. it looks lovely but it needs a plot that can be understood.

in short - rubbish.

Gary

A complete mess of ideas and visuals IMO

so yet again another promising film turns out to be s***, thanks for he heads up everyone

PANASONIC MAN said:
The man was in aroom for 15 years, he did a few press ups and thats about it, he could have been honed into a bodybuilder-sized judo expert or something, and the plot was still a little thin for my liking.

And fancy having his memory rubbed .......

If you ask me, of course!
You really shouldn't post spoilers without warning or changing the text colour - I'm sure there are some people who may not have seen the movie but were planning to!

Looks gorgeous, but could cure insomnia, at the same time. When the battle with the robots starts, I was thinking, "At last, here we go", but no, it didn't go anywhere. And to compare it to the wonderful Oldboy, and the entertaining Sky Captain, is just plain bullsh*t, and lazy!!

I wont say its utter shite, but I turned it off with 20 mins left to go. PQ was crap too

Didn't live up to expectations really.I wouldn't have minded about the plot not being the best,I bought the hype and was just wanting an 'amazing looking piece of film' :rolleyes: to show off the projector while having a few beers on a sat night.

The editing/pacing is just horrendous in some places. The visual style of the film is a right mess,total overkill of colourisation/layering/saturation/cgi, you get the feeling the director was saying 'right what other filter/effect can we add to this shot' :rolleyes:

And the picture quality of the dvd is utter **** there's no excuse for this in 2005.

To sum up: :rolleyes: :( :rolleyes: :confused: :mad: :nono: :lesson:

The PQ on the R3 is alright... is it much worse on the R2 then?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom