Cassette tape -> VHS on a 3805?

D

DSD

I would like to record several audio cassette tapes onto a single VHS tape using my 3805. Is this possible? My first attempt didn't work - the tape deck audio out is not routed to the audio in of my VHS recorder when "tape" is the selected audio source. My previous receiver - a 15 year old Carver AV100 - was capable of doing this. As noted by others, the Denon manual is awful, and is no help in determining if this can be done.

Try connecting the VCR audio inputs to the zone2 outputs on the 3805. You can then set the desired source to send to this zone, (page 39 of the manual)
Without having one of these in front of me I can't test it out, but I'm sure with a bit of trial and error (and manual reading) you can get this to work.

Good luck.

DSD said:
I would like to record several audio cassette tapes onto a single VHS tape using my 3805. Is this possible? My first attempt didn't work - the tape deck audio out is not routed to the audio in of my VHS recorder when "tape" is the selected audio source. My previous receiver - a 15 year old Carver AV100 - was capable of doing this. As noted by others, the Denon manual is awful, and is no help in determining if this can be done.

You need to make sure that you have Rec Out selected to "Tape" - use the "Zone 2 / 3 / Rec Select" button on the front panel in conjunction with the source select knob. Can't remember the exact process, but it is described in the manual in the "Multiroom" chapter.

You may need to run the cassette deck input into an input other than Tape or VCR-n, as it may not be possible to output these through the record outputs so as to prevent feedback loops.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom