Casio TV-400 portable colour telly LCD screen

Zincubus

Hi peeps .

Odd query here

I just dug out my old Casio TV-400 portable colour telly with a 2" screen.

Works / worked perfectly until they switched off the analogue signal .

Question .... is it of any use now ?

Can I sell it on eBay USA or something if they still get analogue signals ??

I hate throwing things away

bow79

Novice Member
I am not particularly familiar with the model numbers but I know the kind of thing you are talking about. Some of them had an audiovisual input using a 3.5 mm lead. If it has got one of these that can be used as a monitor for anything which puts out an AV signal.
I don't know whether they could pick up anything other than the British TV signal if that was the case they're not likely to be much use anywhere else. Although other countries did use our system some broadcast sound and picture in different places to ours. Unless these are collectable for some strange reason it seems unlikely they would be worth the postage to anybody.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
eBay has tons of these Casio TVs.
They either don't sell or go for buttons.

Zincubus

I am not particularly familiar with the model numbers but I know the kind of thing you are talking about. Some of them had an audiovisual input using a 3.5 mm lead. If it has got one of these that can be used as a monitor for anything which puts out an AV signal.
I don't know whether they could pick up anything other than the British TV signal if that was the case they're not likely to be much use anywhere else. Although other countries did use our system some broadcast sound and picture in different places to ours. Unless these are collectable for some strange reason it seems unlikely they would be worth the postage to anybody.
Doesn't appear to have any inputs apart from a DC power source and headphone out jack.

Zincubus

There's a couple on ebay but it seems wrong to sell something that won't work in the UK on the UK eBay site ... maybe that's just me , though .

JayCee

Distinguished Member
They can still be used in the UK on their analogue tuner with a direct feed into the tuner aerial socket from a Sky box, CCTV, VCR etc, anything from an RF modulator.
I bought one myself from eBay as I needed one with an AV input to monitor the output from TVs scart sockets.

Last edited:

Barrovian

There's a couple on ebay but it seems wrong to sell something that won't work in the UK on the UK eBay site ... maybe that's just me , though .
You seem to be afflicted with a conscience :thumbsup: congratualtions:)
I couldn't do it either, but that's an interesting point JayCee makes above. Didn't know you could do that.

Zincubus

They can still be used in the UK on their analogue tuner with a direct feed into the tuner aerial socket from a Sky box, CCTV, VCR etc, anything from an RF modulator.
I bought one myself from eBay as I needed one with an AV input to monitor the output from TVs scart sockets.
Thanks for that info .... no idea what you're talking about , sadly :)

Presumably no use to me though ??

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom