1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Casio QV-R41

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by Jamp, Oct 5, 2004.

1. Jamp

Jamp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Seriously considering one of these to replace my 2.2MP Kodak DX3600. I've outgrown the Kodak, although it is remarkably good, it offers hardly any user input with regard to settings, I'd like to at least fiddle around and learn something about these. I take lots of low light photos at gigs and the occasional night rally stage and the Kodak isn't great at these.

My main requirements are to exceed the quality and zoom capibilities of the Kodak, improve on battery life, be much smaller and hopefully pretty good looking. All for £150 max.

I think the Casio answers all of these very well, the 5MP version gets a good review, and when I had a look at an R41 in Jessops I was impressed and the sales guy was singing its praises (but couldn't believe, and wouldn't match Novatech's price :laugh: ). The only downsides to the Casio I can see are the 60sec limit to videos.

Does anyone have one or have any suggestions for alternatives? Also, can anyone recommend a nice case for a 88.3 x 60.4 x 33.4mm camera? And which SD cards work well with Casios or are they all pretty much the same?

Many thanks in advance,

Ben :)