Cashback Phone Deals

M4NN

Established Member
Reaction score
:hiya:
Are they just cons?
:confused:
My parents got conned twice,
they`ve lost out on a couple of hundred.. im sure they followed the T&C`s.. Has it happened to anyone else?.

what do you reckon.
:thumbsup:

It's not a con, you just need to be organised. Online retailers like "e2save" and "onestopphoneshop" have cash back offer and they are companies owned by Carphonewarehouse.

Yep, they are legitimate, you just need to make sure you apply for the cashback exactly on time. I would also recommend that you go with one of the bigger more well known companies, such as e2save, as others can sometimes not send you the casback application forms, have over stringent times for applying for your casback or bad customer service.

Sam

carfone w/house is good. You send them the fourth eith and last bill and they are about as good as it gets. Most are good but if its too good to be true then i'm afraid it is. Lots of shops open in BFD and most fold in weeks. Its the new accident scam managment in bfd.

I would only use companys like cfwh.[http://shop.carphonewarehouse.com/pay-monthly/?NODE_ID=10366

aye, best to stick to well known names......someone you dont know of offers something amazing is usually too good to be true, in other words, it isnt going to happen and some t&C (assuming they are a legitimate company) can be so complex and easy to break that you get nothing back....

hey, i've done cashback deals a few times, and have got all my family and friends into it, its not a scam, its precisely what all the previous posts have said, you just need to be careful and make sure you understand EXACTLY what the t&c's are telling you; even if that means calling the premium number with bad customer service! i always use and recommend this site
http://mobilesavingexpert.co.uk/
it compares all the deals and you can see which cashbacks seem 'do-able' and believable. good luck!

E2save are great and if you have a problem you can go into cpw to sort it out.

Only thing like said before you have to be careful there are lot of iffy compnaies out there and make sure you put dates in say phone so you don't forget when to send your bill off.

As one of the previous posters said, you have to be ontime with these. Submitting your cashback late could result in you missing out.

I have just completed my third cashback deal for 12 months free line rental from www.themobileoutlet.co.uk and all have been fine. All I would say is make sure you keep a copy of your bills and post them using recorded delivery.

Im looking to get my lad one of these deals for my son. Been looking at mobilesavingexpert.com and there seems to be alot of the same companies cropping up. Is there any on there that anyone would say to stay away from out of bad experience.
Ive looked at E2Save and they dont seem to have many cashback deals or is it that Im looking in the wrong spot. onestopphoneshop isnt exactly easy to navigate either.

I upgraded in december on O2 through CPW, part of the deal was 150£ automatic, no bill sending involved, cash back, £75 on month 3 and £75 on month 15, I lost this piece of paper detailing this and when I called to ask where my cheque was in march I was told it was month 4, even thought it was month 3, eventually I came across the piece of paper and faxed it off to prove i was right I was told I would have to wait 28 days for my cheque to be raised in the system then 28 days for it to arrive, what a f u c k i n g con, cheque will be here month 7!!!!

You do need to be careful as, they can 'try it on'.

Both my other half and I have done these sort of deals, both with E2Save. The first time she tried to claim the money back, despite following all the T's & C's to the letter, they sent a letter back saying she was too late and it was a different months bill she should have sent.
She wrote them a nasty letter and surprise, surprise, they honoured the claim.

As a result, I sent of a covering letter with my first claim and got it no problem. I'll do the same with the next one in May and hope for the same experience.

If you follow the T's&C's word for word and send off the claim via recorded delivery, you'll be just fine. It's quite nice to get those little cheques through the post every 4 months :smashin:

Cheers

Paul

I didnt have to send off any bills, mine should have been fully automatic, all i had to do was sit back and wait for the cheque, id still be sitting here now if i hadnt pushed it

Anyway.......

I went to CAB to they advised me O2/CPW had broken the contract so I'm in the process of trying to get out of the contract penalty free.

Im looking to get my lad one of these deals for my son. Been looking at mobilesavingexpert.com and there seems to be alot of the same companies cropping up. Is there any on there that anyone would say to stay away from out of bad experience.
Ive looked at E2Save and they dont seem to have many cashback deals or is it that Im looking in the wrong spot. onestopphoneshop isnt exactly easy to navigate either.

myself and my family have used simply 3G and mobile outlet from http://mobilesavingexpert.co.uk/ and have had no problems with them. whichever company u use just keep your wits about you, call the company yourself and clarify what the t&c's mean exactly, keep all your documents for later reference,and if neccessary be aggressive like youngsyp and his other half. :) its really not much hassle, il never go back 2paying for line rental lol. Good luck mate!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom