Casablanca ultimate collectors edition

I'd like to see some more classic films released in HD rather than an "ultimate" edition of a film already available. :(

Steve

I hope they do a non UCE too.
I had the HD DVD version and it's a great transfer but I'm not prepared to pay $60 to re-buy on Blu Ray.

Hi, I know this was reviewed on AVF last month but was wondering if any members have bought it and their opinions :)

I'd love the film on Blu-ray but I'm not prepared to pay £35+ for a box of tat that will just sit on a shelf gathering dust. Hopefully we'll get a standard release at some point.

Picture is great, which shows BD will improve black and white classics - Maltese Falcon and Citizen Kane soon please. Box is nice, the only pointless tat are the luggage tag and passport holder but the book and the memo repros are decent quality. I had mine for about £25, ah the days when the Pound was worth something, November seems an age ago.

Hi, I know this was reviewed on AVF last month but was wondering if any members have bought it and their opinions :)

I caved in and imported it a couple of weeks ago but I haven't watched it yet.The transfer is identical to the one used on the hd dvd I had which was fantastic considering the age of the film.
This SE is a nice package but a bit overblown for a 2 disc SE,it takes up some serious real estate on the shelf the width of six single US BD cases.There's a fairly interesting documentary on the sd second disc about Jack Warner and the history of Warner Bros.
Probably worth waiting for a UK release unless your a big fan.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom