• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

CAS-Client anyone?

caveman38

I have entries of CAS-Client on running Spybot. Can anyone tell me if it is dangerous as Spybot is unable to remove it. When ask Spybot to delete it the PC just shuts down.
My PC was OK yesterday but unfortunately I put a borrowed laptop on my network which I found had 38 entries of spyware etc. and CAS-Client I believe must have made it's way over.
The problem that I posted yesterday of the 2 x cmd.exe's popping up when I asked the laptop to close down has now manifested itself onto my PC.
I must asume that it is the fault of the CAS-Client.
Is it a major issue and does anyone know how I may clear it. I don't wantto visit sites that promise to clear malware/spyware as more problems develop.
Can anyone please help

chrissybhoy

Not sure why spybot is picking this up? This might not be what it says. Have you ran a virus scan? If so which one?
Try running a non install scan like stinger and see what it picks up.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom