Carter Projectors VPL700 4K 3D SMART

Idaryss

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I would like your input for this projectors? Is it good? What is the average price?
Looking for a good projectors and somebody is selling this one for 800 CAD with a screen.

Could you please let me know?

Plenty of variations on that theme - someone somewhere going a long way to try and flood a range of poor quality kit into the market by claims huge MSRP’s.

Is it a brand you are familiar with or know anything about its supply and support in Canada?

What are you requirements for a projector - Inputs, throw distance, image size, light levels, run time etc

Joe

Thank you for your reply and the article.
I am looking for a projector for my basement. I dont know too much of projectors. My sofa is around 8/9 meters from my wall.
Its in basement so I dont have to much light in the basement but I would like something that support light as well to avoid any surprise.

Also I will use different input. I have a NAS (network attached storage) with PLEX. So I would like to be able to read movie from my NAS in my LAN.

And also to plug HDMI (but if its mounted in the ceiling I assume I need a HDMI switch....

Could you please advise?

Basement - sounds ideal.

Ambient light - is best avoided if you want a decent image.

Screen - do you plan to project on the wall or add a screen?

Room layout - can you put together a basic plan of the room and seating.

Seating - 9m is a fair distance, what size image are you thinking about?

Projector - will want to be ceiling mounted and many lower cost units will end up closer than 9m to the screen.

Sound - what are your plans?

Joe

Screen - I dont know what is the best? I think screen will be better no ?

Seating - the wall that can have the projection on is about 274 wide and 240 High

Room Layout - as mention the size of the wall, around 9 meters further there is my sofa put toward the other wall. I have a ceiling with lamp direclty in the ceiling so I think its easy to put cable through lamp hole.

Sound - I dont know something not too bad maybe a sound bar with a bass box. OR 4 little speaker at the ceiling + bass for the 5.1 suround.

Hi All,

I would like your input for this projectors? Is it good? What is the average price?
Looking for a good projectors and somebody is selling this one for 800 CAD with a screen.

Could you please let me know?
This unit is undoubtedly a case of The White Van Speaker Scam. Total ripoff even at a seemingly low for the claimed spec $800. The spec is complete fiction and you've getting no more than $50 "worth" of gear here... and I use the term "worth" loosely, as while the parts have clearly non-zero cost the actual value to you of the system will be close to nothing.

Screen - no reason not to use a painted surface or create a DIY screen if you are working to a tight budget, some pics of the intended screen wall would help.

Seating - 9m is a long way away from a screen in a Residential System, you tend to loose the intimacy you want.

Sound - needs to have as much impact as the image and the front LCR speakers want to be at ear height not in the ceiling.

Minimise - less is more when you are on a budget, a decent stereo system is better than a poor 5.1 system.

jfinnie - less subtle than me, though spot on with your assessment :)

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom