Carry On BluRay?

UKCDJ

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Carry On films will be released on BluRay?

You should have put a '?' in the title, otherwise people (like myself) think a blu ray release has been announced.:)

captainarchive said:
You should have put a '?' in the title, otherwise people (like myself) think a blu ray release has been announced.:)

Ok - thanks

I was just talking about how I would love these on BD with a friend today. Sadly they are not.

ITV3 have shown a few of the earlier ones in HD (pre-Rank, if that means anything) and they did look stunning, perhaps one Day, anyone know the Film stock that was used? I know they were famous for being low budget, hope it didn't extend to that.

'Screaming', 'Cleo' and 'Cowboy' would be worth having but the others I could easily live without. You can guarantee that if Peter Rogers thought he could make money out of a Blu-ray release, he'd be on to it like a shot.
Alan

'Screaming', 'Cleo', 'Sergeant', and 'Follow that Camel'

gitsurfer said:
+1 on screaming and Cleo. Would go for camping and Khyber as well. Also have a soft spot for behind.

In truth, I doubt I'd buy many (if any) of these. Would definitely be interested in seeing some as rentals, though.

I'll take them all, except the last 3 they made, England, Emmannuelle, and Columbus......do Carry On fans regard 'Columbus' has part of the Series, what with the 15yr gap.

Last edited:
I'll take them all, except the last 3 they made, England, Emmannuelle, and Columbus......do Carry On fans regard 'Columbus' has part of the Series, what with the 15yr gap.

It has got Jim Dale in it, which is good enough for me. Not a very good film, though.

Columbus has to be regarded as a carry on but it was awful and devoid of any humour.

Bri

Carry on Screaming to be released on 21st October:

Carry On Screaming [Blu-ray]: Amazon.co.uk: Harry H. Corbett, Kenneth Williams, Fenella Fielding, Charles Hawtrey, Joan Sims, Jim Dale, Angela Douglas, Bernard Bresslaw, Peter Butterworth, Jon Pertwee, Denis Blake, Billy Cornelius, Frank Thornton, Ge

I would ignore the £23.99 price as it will obviously drop in the coming weeks (Sainsburys have it at £15.99). Still too pricey for this film IMO but it'll doubtless be available at a more bargainous price at some point.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Fantastic news ... Strange one to start with!! I wonder if they'll all get a UK release!

It's finally started here in the UK. CARRY ON SCREAMING is due for release on October 21st. Very high price currently listed, but no other details. Amazon currently states 1 disc. Coming from Studio Canal. Now one of the problems is will they use the same print that was used on the special edition DVD. When SCREAMING was first released on DVD from Warner as a barebones release the print was stunning. Then they released it as a special edition (with commentary, gallery, trailer, trivia) but used a different print with muted colors and a not-so sharp image which was very diasppointing. So for the price currently listed I will not be picking this up, and Studo Canal's reputation for mucking up DVD and blu rays in the UK doesn't bode well. Time will tell.

It's finally started here in the UK. CARRY ON SCREAMING is due for release on October 21st. Very high price currently listed, but no other details. Amazon currently states 1 disc. Coming from Studio Canal. Now one of the problems is will they use the same print that was used on the special edition DVD. When SCREAMING was first released on DVD from Warner as a barebones release the print was stunning. Then they released it as a special edition (with commentary, gallery, trailer, trivia) but used a different print with muted colors and a not-so sharp image which was very diasppointing. So for the price currently listed I will not be picking this up, and Studo Canal's reputation for mucking up DVD and blu rays in the UK doesn't bode well. Time will tell.

Its shown quite regularly on ITVHD and I always thought it looked great, flicking back and forth between the SD and HD airing really shows the difference and I imagine the BD will use the same print.

I'll buy it but like the majority, I'll wait for the right price

Its shown quite regularly on ITVHD and I always thought it looked great, I imagine the BD will use the same print.

In wish case we can look forward to: Jack, Cowboy, and Cleo at least which have all had HD showings of late, I'll go has far as to say StudioCanal will release the first 12 films (Anglo-Amalgamated) not sure who has the rights from 'Don't lose your head' onwards (Rank) I'm pretty sure those have not been re-mastered as yet, at least if recent ITV showings of them are anything to go by, maybe they have, it's just they haven't been made available, who knows, not sure how these things work.

Just checked TV listings and noticed Carry on Cabby (or rather, Call me a Cab :D) is on next Tuesday, 13 Aug on C4, not available in HD mind, so perhaps some are still in the process......

Last edited:
ImageUploadedByAVForums1379616687.837091.jpg

Columbus has to be regarded as a carry on but it was awful and devoid of any humour.

Bri

Not totally devoid.

Sid James and a girl on the ship see a shark:

Girl: If I fell in the water would the shark eat me whole?

Sid: Nha, they usually spit that bit out.

I don't consider Columbus a true Carry on film, not enough of the regular cast and very poor writing IMHO. I would like to see some of the B&W films, Sargent/Teacher/Constable given the HD treatment.

and I thought Carry On BluRay was a Carry On film I missed:laugh:

? added to the title

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom