1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

carry anywhere tiny camcorder

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by nasty, May 20, 2005.

1. nasty

nasty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi. I'm looking for something I can carry anywhere in my pocket so I can record all the fun stuff I'm doing cause my memory is terrible. don't know much about these things which is why I am asking for advice. I've looked at the panasonic svav-100 which is truly awesome in terms of size but it uses SD-memory which is expensive and does'nt hold much video.

Are there any alternatives using DVD or tape which are equal in size and quality?

Size is the most important thing but I need to be able to shoot more than half an hour at a time. with DVD or tape you can bring a bunch of discs or tapes with you 'cause they are cheap. I will be taping alot of live concerts so it must either have good sound or I must be able to connect a good mic to the camera. Also these shows are indoors so acceptable low-light performance would be nice. I realise that tiny cameras = tiny lenses = not much light but I'm sure some are better than others.
    cheers! //Martin

now saw that sony has a model called DCR-PC55 which looks good. comments and advice please!