1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carrot & Stick

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Julie Winston, Feb 27, 2004.

1. Julie Winston

Julie Winston

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So who is going to win? The carrots or the sticks. My money and support is with the sticks. Sarge & Sir must be really struggling to not offer any praise to their team. The other leader needs a good slap back into reality. I don't think 20 minutes on the drums does anything for team building. Good luck to him though if he can get the corporate giants to cough up for that nonsense

2. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    What are you on about?

3. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +257
    Definately the sticks. The carrots don't seem to be putting any work in and that one who had the mohican done is not going to be any help atall lol:)

By the way it's a new series to see how different motivational techneques work (carrot-praising, positive thinking etc stick- beasting, army styleee).

4. rhoamish

rhoamish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Couldn't agree more. They need to keep drumming for at least 4 or 5 hours.

5. mikeq

mikeq

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not sure who is going to win this one. Any task that is endurance based I think the Stick mob will do it, but with short/sharp tasks I think the carrots might just do it.

6. RichB14

RichB14

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Is this repeated on E4 or anything as i missed most of last weeks, only managed to see the first 10 minutes of it

7. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

Personally, I think that C4 is getting a bit desperate for new "reality TV" shows, and are now resorting to decidedly rubbish measures.

With all due respect to those of you who ike this kind of show ("The Carrot And The Stick"), I would have thought it be obvious, that any team of people who is praised and treated half-decently, should do well. The team of humans, that are treated like dirt, or ordered about like the Stick team has, should - in theory - become despondant and fail most of the tasks.

I know there's always exceptions to that set of circumstances, but how does watching people being berated, put down, and generally mistreated, get classified as some of kind of intelligent, psychological experiment?!

In my mind, this, and all the other reality shows, need to be binned - permanently! They're no longer worth our time, our TV licence fee / Sky subscription fee, and we viewers deserve better programmes than this!

Pooch

8. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    Well said Pooch! :clap:

I hardly even watch TV anymore.

I did watch that Natural History film last night on BBC1, that sand mole's behaviour was fascinating!

9. Kazuya Mishima

Kazuya Mishima

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    Trailed at the end of Carrot or Stick.......

Brat Camp. I believe next Tuesday on 4?

Can't wait! :devil:

10. STOWITBELOW

STOWITBELOW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    They could have made this interesting with a third Carrot & Stick team. I believe they would be top. I've only seen one episode & felt the Lannie pull was unfair. No team reached the top on the left hand track without help. Stick team had this 'track' 2 out of 3 pulls.

11. Crocodile JD

Crocodile JD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Yep I noticed that to.

Croc

12. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

Yep, "Brat Camp"! :mad: I can just see it now: the Channel 4 programme-makers sitting in their little, matress-covered-walls, peering through the small gap in the door, and thinking to themselves "What else can we do?".

And some bright (20 watt) spark, came up with "Brat Camp". The conversation probably went something like this:-

"I know! Let's take all the bits of Big Brother, Jerry Springer and add-in elements of cod-psychology, and a bit of Faking It, and we've got a new show! Oh, and it won't cost much either!"

What the hell is Channel 4 thinking?! "Brat Camp", original?! I think not! :rotfl: How many more spoiled, irritating, annoying, dopey and angry young freaks do we need on our screens?! We already have the T4 presenters to deal with! :rotfl: But in all seriousness, if the trailer is anything to go by, then these kids need genuine professional help, not a bloody camera crew and some ass of a sargeant telling them what to/not to do! :mad:

Pooch