Carrie Fisher

Whilst sad, I have to admit that I had never heard of Carrie Fisher perhaps because I can not watch sci-fi, special effects are very impressive,the rest for me is total rubbish. Far greater movie stars got less media coverage than CF's which is way over the top.Drug users usually die young, so let this be a warning.
As you never seen a Star Wars film you don't know how she was loved by her fans.
And don't seem to know what this forums for.
You can meet someone for just a day and love them a lifetime.

Carrie appeared on quite a bit of UK tv before her untimely death. She did look older than her actual years but seemed to be in charge of her life again and on top of things. She was also hugely entertaining. Of course she will always be remembered as Princess Leia but she did so much more. You don't have to be a sci fi fan to have heard of her.

I was a bit surprised when she mentioned she was spending Christmas with her mother. I'd hadn't realised Debbie Reynolds was still alive. Of course that Christmas get together never happened and we have the further sad news that Debbie has left us so shortly after her daughter.

RIP

Whilst sad, I have to admit that I had never heard of Carrie Fisher perhaps because I can not watch sci-fi, special effects are very impressive,the rest for me is total rubbish. Far greater movie stars got less media coverage than CF's which is way over the top.Drug users usually die young, so let this be a warning.

What an insensitive thing to say. Just because you don't like sci-fi doesn't make her media coverage over the top. To the millions of people who like Star Wars, she was one of the biggest movie stars in the world, and played one of the greatest characters ever seen on screen.

Ignorant comment on drugs too, do you have any evidence to back that up? Many people who don't take drugs, smoke, drink, die at much younger ages taken by all manner of illnesses and accidents. There's nothing to suggest had she not taken drugs she would've lived any longer. Nothing.

Just seen this, had to share.

IMG_0467.JPG

Whilst sad, I have to admit that I had never heard of Carrie Fisher perhaps because I can not watch sci-fi,
Have you seen the Blues Brothers? If not get it now.

When I was young a lot of kids I know wanted to be Luke or Han or maybe even Darth. I imagine a lot of girls wanted to be Leia.

The March 2017 issue of Empire, on sale Thursday, contains a 24-page farewell to cinematic icon Carrie Fisher. As part of this special event, we asked a number of Fisher's close friends to recall what she meant to them in their own words. The following tribute was written by Dan Aykroyd.

Just been watching the Burbs and forgot she was in that. Great Actress still can't believe she has gone. RIP

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Series 3 of the excellent Catastrophe starts tomorrow (Tuesday 28th Feb) at 10pm on Channel 4. Carrie was wonderful in this but there will be much sadness watching her final work.

Thread: Catastrophe (Channel 4)

I was reading something last night that they found traces of drugs in her blood and she also suffered from sleep apnia.
Well yeah the big bad three- cocaine, heroin & escatsy! Guess it just highlights the prevalency & ease of access to illegal drugs in UK :nono:

Well yeah the big bad three- cocaine, heroin & escatsy! Guess it just highlights the prevalency & ease of access to illegal drugs in UK :nono:
Best thing my dad did was play a dirty trick on me when I was young was bring home a cigarette and gave it me, and well lets put it this way I fight anyone at school who try to put one in my mouth.

The business she was in, and her history of substance abuse, means she could probably make a single phone call anywhere and get what she wanted. Possibly Deliveroo type apps for it these days.

So sad to hear this very Talented Actress passing. May the Force be with you.
I remember her role in the Blues Brothers shooting at them with a M16 Machine gun.
It was Star Wars that made her a Household name everyone knows so well .
When I heard of the news last New Year I could not believe it Fare well Carrie

Film looks odd and slightly generic. Carrie however looks stunning. Has her appearance been manipulated at all do we know ?

I remember her role in the Blues Brothers shooting at them with a M16 Machine gun.
They were dating in real life at the time, & according to Dan they almost got married.

Dan is now married to the incredibly attractive Donna Dixon & basically stole her from Stanley of KISS fame, while on the set of Doctor Detroit.
Oh dear, they got divorced last year!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom