1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carradine on DVD

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by braincapers, Jan 6, 2004.

1. braincapers

braincapers
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was delighted to see that Kung Fu season 1 was coming out on DVD inR1, but less so to find out it was RCE'd. I have also searched high & low for Carradine's Silent Flute AKA Circle of iron on DVD. Is there any website that would give me a clue who to contact about the availablity or likelyhood of the discs in R2?

2. HummerUK

HummerUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +169
    The Silent Flute is out now in 16:9 with mono sound...

I got my copy today from hmv.co.uk however during any rapid action scenes during the movie I get rapid flashing horizontal lines.

Disc data rata seems normal with an average of 6mbps but looks like somewhere in the transfer process they had the data rates set to low.

Tried 2 x DVD players BTW.

Anyone else got this disc yet or have any issues with it?

EDIT:
    Seems to have been removed from hmv website but others still list it for release later this month
    google on ORB10143 to find.

I have also emailed orbitmedia

HummerUK

Last edited: Aug 1, 2008
  3. HummerUK

HummerUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +169
    Response from Orbit Media re "The Silent Flute"

Fast repsonse!
    I shall RMA it with HMV as they suggest.

HummerUK

4. HummerUK

HummerUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +169
    Update...
    HMV got my duff copy of "The Silent Flute" back and it would seem the title has now been withdrawn from sale from virtually all websites I can find. (still listed on amazon.co.uk).

I have emailed the distributors again to see if they comment....

HummerUK

5. HummerUK

HummerUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +169
    I got a reply...

It seems the distributor "Blackhorse Entertainment" has gone into administration so a new distributor has to be found....

HummerUK

6. Mark_a

Mark_a

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +470
    Nothing to do with the above, but as it happens I saw 'Kung Fu The Movie' the other day. And pretty dreadful it was too. And also having bought Seasons 1 & 2 in a rush of nostalgia I'm finding it depressingly difficult to find anything good to say about the show. Odd thing is I used to absolutely love it when I was a kid. Now I find it stilted, wooden, wholly unbelievable and just plain bad most of the time. Pity really. They say you should never go back, and in Kung Fu's case I think they are 100% right.

Regards

Mark

7. brian s

brian s
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,956
    This was a first rate film:) where he played he played someone called Kain. No cash in on Kung Fu at all.

The Warrior and the Sorceress Summary:
    Borrowing themes established in Yojimbo and its Italian version A Fistful of Dollars, this action/fantasy film features the exploits of Kain (David Carradine), a drifter/holy-man/martial arts expert who comes upon a village divided into three parts: two clans fighting over control of a water well, and the impoverished masses who suffer at their hands. Since this village is on an imaginary planet with two suns that circle across the sky, water is a premium commodity. Sorceress Naja (Maria Socas) is alternately the captive of either one or the other of the embattled clans and obviously needs to be rescued. Just like Sanjuro, the samurai in Akira Kurosawa's classic film, Kain pits the two clans against each other so his own job of finishing off the bad guys and saving Naja will be less strenuous. The most memorable aspect of this low-budget film is a dancer who is not wearing a double-breasted suit, but should be. Like the two suns and the two clans, she also has two of each. Eleanor Mannikka, All Movie Guide

8. HummerUK

HummerUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +169
    No joy yet with the "Silent Flute" but I see in the USA it is called "Circle Of Iron" and the two disc version can be ordered from dvdworldusa for £12.00 delivered.

HummerUK