Carphone Warehouse

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by Haizum74, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Haizum74

Haizum74

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    I recently went to my local CPW to purchase a new phone on PAYG. Yes, they had it in stock, yes it was fine that I already had a sim card. All good so far. The chap then informed me that my mobile number was showing on his screen as blocked and as such was unable to scan the phone through to pay for it. To get round it (he said) he would have to first scan in an 8gb mem card for £22 (which the phone could take) and then the phone and it would 'get around' the blocked issue. Needless to say I realised he was pulling a fast one. "I can get them cheaper off the net" (sim cards) said I. Oh no, they are all cheap tat and can invalidate your warranty if you buy off the internet", said he from his backside. "Hmm, I will give it a miss" I replied disgruntled that an overweight spotty urchin had tried pulling a fast one and trying to get more money out of me by lying :mad: (is that a better description hutch, I am sure an edit would have been sufficient)

A quick call to 02 confirmed my suspicions "There is and never has been any block on your phone Sir" said O2 phone person. Another quick look on the internet at Amazon confirmed that 8gb off the internet are not cheap tat either.
    Anyone else had this problem? Oh and I am not bringing down CWH, as it was one member of staff. I have used the same shop before and the other chap was great (but not there that day).

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2009
  2. hutch

hutch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,224
    If you are buying a PAYG handset then what has your current number got to do with it? If you want to swap to a current sim you buy the PAYG phone and then just switch them when you get home :confused:

3. trice1921

trice1921

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    Why have you opened another thread? Surly i more productive use of time you be to go back to the store and ask to speak to the manager to straighten things out.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2009
  4. bigdavecox90

bigdavecox90

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    If you are currently with O2 anyway, you shouldn't need to buy a new sim.

Just do what is called a pre-pay upgrade.

5. bigdavecox90

bigdavecox90

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    Interesting way of trying to sell you more stuff. :D