carphone warehouse issues

pgriffin

Ex Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys hoping somebody might have a little bit of advice regarding this

Last week my sister (who has moved in with me for a while) went to carphone to upgrade her contract

As she was upgrading she didn't take any details with her bank details card etc..

she upgraded with the store manager changed her address on their system and was offered insurance...as she didn't have any bank details on her she was unable to set this up.

The manager then said we have another persons details for you address (mine) I could use them bank details then when you get home call me and I will change them. With my sister having the common sense of a drunken student at 3am she agreed thinking everything would be ok.

She got home changed details etc and this week told me what happened. obviously I am furious as to what they have done I have logged a complaint with head office and I am expecting a call from a area manager but was justy wondering what route could/should I take with this as im not massively clued up with DPA

cheers guys

Wow, can't believe they did this. What if the details they used were a previous owner or tenant of the property?

This must be a data protection issue and I would guess citizens advice would be best placed to give you advice.

As you sister was using same address and I guess same surname did they give your sister your bank details or did they just use your details , if they gave your sister your bank details then contact dpo as in the above post

thanks for the replys..no they just saw that they had my direct debit details on file and said is ok to use them...the funny thing was I haven't had a phone/contract using them for a good few years so was still shocked they had them on the system

had a call from area manager and he says he will investigate and get back to me...I have worked in sales in past and know how high pressured it is but if I did this back then I think I would have just been handed my coat and told its nice to meet you!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom