carphone warehouse free laptop - good or bad?

D

danny12345

hi,

I was looking at the carphone warehouse website a few weeks back, and i seen a free laptop offer when you sign up to aol broadband.

Has anyone got this and is it good? And does aol broadband connect to the internet quickly?

stevelup

Distinguished Member
It's a two year contract at £20 per month.

So £480 + £15 delivery = £495.

Now I'm not suggesting you go with Sky - this is just to give you a comparison.

£5 per month x 24 months + £30 connection = £150 (of course you could cancel after 12 months unlike the AOL offer).

So the question is - is the laptop worth £345 after two years? Or another way to look at it - is it worth £405 after one year?

I'd say an emphatic no. PC world are currently selling a Toshiba unit with a dual core CPU, 120GB HDD and 2GB RAM for £399

You would need to pay an extra £50 to get the 120GB HDD or an extra £150 to get the dual core CPU with the AOL offer - bumping the effective cost up to £455 or £605 respectively. And I doubt it has 2GB RAM either (not specified).

The main point is whether or not you want to be tied into a 24 month contract or not I guess...

Steve

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom