Carpet down on Thursday, I'm a happy boy!

westiefish

Established Member
Reaction score
Now all the major extension work complete, the cinema room is the first to be completed. A little paint work before the carpet goes down Thursday then all the gear can be hooked up and I can immerse myself in cinema/ games world!!!!
It's a dedicated cinema room so went for a fixed screen, it's 6m x4m and really pleased.
ImageUploadedByAVForums1399214318.280944.jpg

Looking nice so far looking forward to seeing the finished article.

Thats a great looking room, i bet you cant wait to get in there and watch a movie.
what have you got earmarked as your first film???

Yep, pretty excited. The first movie is going to be the dark night rises, then avatar in 3D, hoping the misses comes round with the ice creams or beer half way through. Ha

Yep, pretty excited. The first movie is going to be the dark night rises, then avatar in 3D, hoping the misses comes round with the ice creams or beer half way through. Ha

Good choice on the movies, but not sure about the ice cream with a new carpet !!!

Looking good pal but doesn't the screen placement look a little high?

I was governed by my front floor standing speakers which are 1m high, I've had a preview and looks pretty good.
Cheers

Well the carpet is down and the amp, speakers etc. In, a bit more work to finish the room completley but it's up and running.
Watched a few films and played on the xbox, so pleased, I'm a lucky boy, my pals keep asking me "how did you mrs let you get away with that"?
Well, she is a good girl!
The sofa is a temporary until we get the recliners.
ImageUploadedByAVForums1399823293.434937.jpg
ImageUploadedByAVForums1399823322.385535.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAVForums1399823263.267036.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAVForums1399823263.267036.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 140
Very nice. Clean and elegant.

Very nice indeed. The speakers are a bit too 'toe in' though IMO. That is almost a 30° angle.

Thanks, when you say toe do you mean the speakers should be more straight on? I would ideally like them to be further apart as well but don't want the left one too close to the wall.
Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom