Carol Singers

bwfc09

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just had some come to my door :rolleyes:

a lady with 4 children i told her its to early and to come back near christmas and she said "no its for the kids have a heart" told her i havent got any money in the house and its still to early and she told me she hopes i have a horrible christmas :rolleyes: :confused:

am i wrong in thinking its pathetic to be doing this so early and her using the "its for the kids" as a way to try to make you pay up!?

What an absolute joke, personally I would of told them to **** off if they spoke to me like that, I can't believe some people have the audacity.....

She wants money for her own kids? :eek:

shes literally doing a tour with it as people who live across the other side of the village from me are also saying shes been to there doors with the kids!

I had a major problem with this a couple of years ago. So now, when I get home from work I dress up as an Orthodox Jew. Never had a problem with it since, and the clothes are surprisingly comfortable and luxurious.

Highly recommended solution if this annoys you as much as me.

I went carol singing once and a and guy answered the door who looked comforable and well dressed in luxurious clothing, never been back ;)

had kids round here doing penny for the guy at the start of October outside local shops.

It's one thing being keen but it's another to take the **** :thumbsdow

One of my neighbours is really into carols at xmas and she comes round and posts little notes about when she will come round with the church choir, I normally get all the pennys I have saved and give as a gift. But its cringe inducing stuff watching the carols being sung from the doorstep and if I make sure iam out when she comes round,ita a little frosty when I see her next

GBDG1 said:
I had a major problem with this a couple of years ago. So now, when I get home from work I dress up as an Orthodox Jew. Never had a problem with it since, and the clothes are surprisingly comfortable and luxurious.

Highly recommended solution if this annoys you as much as me.

I still reckon that might cause confusion.
My Jonathan King outfit doesn't.

I still reckon that might cause confusion.
My Jonathan King outfit doesn't.

What a great idea. I'm off to spray my old Doc Martins silver, then all I need is American football padding, paint it the same, add a sprinkle of glitter, and that should put folks off!

I used to go Carol Singing when I was younger and loved it! I'd never of been rude to anyone though. If Carol singers come to my door they don't stay long as the dogs barking puts them off ;)

You could put up a sign saying

NO CAROL SINGER'S

Thereby announcing your stance, and that you're grammatically incompetent.

We get carol singers but not this early - there was a big bunch of them came round last year, i guess they were from the church or something collecting for charity - they went around a bunch of houses collecting then did their carols in the middle of the street. We also get Santa come round in his sleigh every year - similar thing collecting for charity, all the little kids love it. :thumbsup:

We get carol singers but not this early - there was a big bunch of them came round last year, i guess they were from the church or something collecting for charity - they went around a bunch of houses collecting then did their carols in the middle of the street. We also get Santa come round in his sleigh every year - similar thing collecting for charity, all the little kids love it. :thumbsup:

I remember a similar charity santa.People were knocking the door,as a car towed a trailor with a fat santa on a sleigh.They wasn't singing carols as such,but had a sound system blasting out the songs :laugh:

If she said 'I hope you have a horrible Christmas' before she left, that is equal to aggressive begging in my book.

SBT said:
I remember a similar charity santa.People were knocking the door,as a car towed a trailor with a fat santa on a sleigh.They wasn't singing carols as such,but had a sound system blasting out the songs :laugh:

Yup we do that every year. Collecting money for charity. The kids love it (though some are scared of Santa). Some adults get really excited too. Occasionally get the odd sourpuss but we just smile and wish them a happy Christmas. Worst bit is counting the money afterwards

Yup we do that every year. Collecting money for charity. The kids love it (though some are scared of Santa). Some adults get really excited too. Occasionally get the odd sourpuss but we just smile and wish them a happy Christmas. Worst bit is counting the money afterwards

That i could enjoy but i find it cringey and awkward with proper carol singers

We occasionally get the naff Santa being towed on a trailer/bad speaker system thing around our neighbourhood.
I don't mind that, at least it's just a passing thing and you choose whether to go out or not.
Carol singers are non-violent muggers, holding you embarrassingly captive at your own door until you hand over money.
They're like tuneful energy salesmen.

Owning an energetic Rottweiler also helps to keep pests away from the door. She's always bursting to get outside to run around the garden and muck around, but other people don't know that. They just see me struggling to restrain a Rottweiler who's attempting to charge in their direction.

In 2010 we had dozens of trick'or'treaters. This year we had 4. The brave little souls were well rewarded because we had stocked up!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom