1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carnival Silver Plus

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Mausse, Oct 31, 2005.

1. Mausse

Mausse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I’m looking for (Budget) hi-end speakercables to fit my new speakersystem B&W MT-30 in combination with an Yamaha RX-V2600 av receiver. I wanted to buy the silver plated speakercables from the chord company “Carnival Silver Plus”. A friend of mine told me that it will sound too high in use with the satellietspeakers. (Because of the silver plated cables)

Can someone give me some good advise which cable will fit my new system? :lease:

Greetings Mausse

2. pragmatic

pragmatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,678
    I would doubt most people could tell the difference between two midrange or high end cables, its just wire in a plastic sheaving with most differences being placebo for the user. Some engineering techniques like using twisted pairs or better quality conductor as well as thincker conductor wil effect sound, but i doubt because it uses silver will make it 'too high'.

What does he mean by 'too hight', the hi frequncie sounds will be over enphisied? or that the cables is to good for the speakers, or even the volume is to high?

If you really want to know get a length of each, a hifi store may give you a lend of that and another for you to test if your gonna buy one and have been a customer there before.

I use chord carnival cables between my 2500 and B&W p5 (equivalent to the 700 series floorstanders) and the sound is good.

3. Mausse

Mausse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I assume he means it will sound to high (hi-freq.) because the satellite speakers only produce mid and high frequentcies....so if you say it will sound good i'm all set :thumbsup: