1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

carmageddon 1

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by SGhosh, Apr 21, 2005.

1. SGhosh

SGhosh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    does anyone know how to get this running in XP in 3dfx mode?The normal mode works after some tweaking, although i cant get hires mode to work, and using the dgvoodoo glide wrapper is useless, all I get is a blue screen and a crash. Infact I cant even get the 3dfx patch to work, it says cannot write to carma directory, so I just downloaded some 3dfx exe from somewhere.

2. bjd

bjd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +480
  3. SGhosh

SGhosh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yup thanks, works great. sprites are a bid weird with funny stripes but the main game is what matters. Had to get the UK blood patch though.

4. monkeyleader

monkeyleader

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Carmageddo - thats a blast from the past - almost wrecked my uni degree as we would LAN this up till about 4am almost every day - or perhaps it was the beer that almost ruined my degree - having now played twisted metal on the psp I want something like Carmageddon next :)

5. drinkturps

drinkturps

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    I cannot remember. Where am I? This kebab is cold.
    Ratings:
    +667
    I thought I would resurrect this thread and tell you that the original Carmageddon is now available free on IOS and Android (complete with gore)!! It's only free for a limited period so you should be able to bag it for nothing for the next few hours at least! The version labelled Promo is actually the full game that they released. All the info is on the Carmageddon website.