• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Carma-geddon

bluemarvin

Established Member
I was having fun yesterday using Carma for the first time to set up my Monolith DF - using laptop and Radioshack clone SPL meter. After switching on the DC offset on the laptop to get the noise level below -40db it all seemed to work (first pic.) - I have the setting on the AVR280 as large + sub which duplicates base to front spkrs & sub, so I wound the sub filter down to 70Hz and upped the volume to between 1 & 2 o'clock - which produced the desired levelling of sub-base (second pic.).

I was then going to play with phase when I decided to try a few more tests (all with the same test signal) and got some very funny results - see pics 3 & 4.

Anyone got any idea what I'm doing wrong? (or where the problem might be):confused:

Attachments

• jt101.jpg
    jt101.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 55
  • jt104.jpg
    jt104.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 48
  • jt107.jpg
    jt107.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 46
  • jt114.jpg
    jt114.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 44

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom