Carling Cup 2007/8

CFC1

There have been a few shockers tonight:

Sunderland beaten 3-0 by Luton! :eek: Derby beaten at home on penalties by Blackpool! :eek: ... Hull beating Wigan :eek: ....

RMCF

Distinguished Member
Just goes to show how bad some of the EPL teams outside the Top 4 are !!

I think we are seeing the start of the end of Keano's great run at Sunderland. You heard it here first.:smashin:

Prospekt

Dyer getting injured draws remarkable similarities to the Sun rising in the morning. It's just that predictable. At least McClaren won't be able to play him up front now.

Was a pretty nasty looking break though. Hope he recovers soon (sort of).

RMCF

Distinguished Member
Dyer getting injured draws remarkable similarities to the Sun rising in the morning. It's just that predictable. At least McClaren won't be able to play him up front now.

Was a pretty nasty looking break though. Hope he recovers soon (sort of).

Yeah Dyer and his injuries are getting predictable now. I feel sorry for anybody breaking their leg, but I am not a fan of him when he's fit so I'll not miss him playing. Never rated him.

To add to this, I would say Michael Owen's next breakdown must be a matter of weeks away.

CFC1

Just goes to show how bad some of the EPL teams outside the Top 4 are !!

I think we are seeing the start of the end of Keano's great run at Sunderland. You heard it here first.:smashin:

Absolutely ... Without wanting to offend Derby fans, I reckon they must be the weakest outfit ever to "grace" the premiership ... and that includes Watford! ... IMO, they will be relegated in record time! :( With that in mind, what the hell is going on with David Nugent at Portsmouth? :eek: ... He's only been there 5 minutes and he's being linked with a move to Derby in the next couple od days. I know he was with the Derby boss before, but surely it's not Nugent's own choice... why would he join them knowing that their premiership status is going to be a short-lived one? :confused: ... Then again, Harry could have realised he's not the player he thought he was. He's now talking about selling Nugent to raise the cash to bring in a "top quality" striker! :eek: ... Enter Jermaine Defoe? ... though he did say top quality! :rolleyes:

lennon

I was at the Luton Sunderland game last night and all be it a slightly biased opinion Sunderland were taken apart. Although some of their fans have been saying it was a weakened team 8 of the players were in the side against Liverpool at the weekend and we rested probably our 2 best players so far this season in Currie and Edwards.

The premiership is highly over rated and sure the top 4 or 5 are a different class but the rest are also rans.

BTW Watford will always be the worst team to have been in the premiership ;)

DJT75

Distinguished Member
I was gonna back Luton to beat Sunderland last night & didn't get round to it.

League Cup always throws up results like last night, it's the best competition to bet on. I remember being 1 goal away from a £14K windfall from a tiny stake a few years ago, 5 upsets & so close to the 6th but for a late equalising scoredraw.

lennon

No way would I have backed us before the game not after the shambles that was the last game of last season but we came flying out of the traps and just outplayed them.

They have spent good money on the likes of Chopra and he barely touched the ball. Completely dominated by Perry and Coyne.

Watch out for the name David Bell as well. Great little player who I fear may not be wearing Luton colours too much longer.

RMCF

Distinguished Member
Absolutely ... Without wanting to offend Derby fans, I reckon they must be the weakest outfit ever to "grace" the premiership ... and that includes Watford! ... IMO, they will be relegated in record time! :( With that in mind, what the hell is going on with David Nugent at Portsmouth? :eek: ... He's only been there 5 minutes and he's being linked with a move to Derby in the next couple od days. I know he was with the Derby boss before, but surely it's not Nugent's own choice... why would he join them knowing that their premiership status is going to be a short-lived one? :confused: ... Then again, Harry could have realised he's not the player he thought he was. He's now talking about selling Nugent to raise the cash to bring in a "top quality" striker! :eek: ... Enter Jermaine Defoe? ... though he did say top quality! :rolleyes:

Was Nugent not being bummed up in the press this last year as a future England international?

The future looks bleak for you lot ;)

CFC1

Was Nugent not being bummed up in the press this last year as a future England international?

The future looks bleak for you lot ;)

He IS an England International ... don't you recall his spectacular debut goal? ... :eek:

[youtube]ujijaZHneJQ[/youtube]

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom