1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CAREFULL!!! Many bugs on the 8800 software!!!

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by Dario, Jun 30, 2005.

1. Dario

Dario

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have been playing around with this new 8800 and I must admit, although it is a nice "item", it is one of Nokias worst phones!

The call fitering seting are not saved. If you specify which caller groups should ring the 8800 automatically reverts back to "All calls" when you return to the setup menu.

The setings of the "go to" botong change once you turn on/off the Phone.

It is imposible to edit the internet or any conection Manualy. (who do they think we are?)

The battery last for about half a day. (outrageous!)

The menus are boring and the grafics make no use of the display.

You cant' set independent ring tones to specific contacts. (That is absolutely incredible!)

My software; 03.28 / 26.05.05 / RM-13 (aparently the latest one...)

2. JustinP

JustinP
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I have the same firmware.

Have you tried a bluetooth headset?

Ive not played with caller groups as Ive not had it on a phone for ages and forgot all about it. When I get a spare minute I will give it ago.

Configuring GPRS settings used to be a pain in the arse for most no techie users, what you have now works wiythout any fuss. You can download new settings from the web as there are many spare slots. You can change the APN.

Ive had the phone sinse Saturday and Ive not experianced any battery problems, mind you I do tend to sit it in the cradle when I'm working.

My biggest gripe is the bluetooth headset profile is very unreliable, I would think there will be an update soon.

Cheers

JustinP

3. Dario

Dario

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HI Justin,

Yes I have noticed that the bluetooth headset is a bit unreliable, but not worse than any other phone in the market. I use the SE HBH-660, I found it to work better than all I have tryed so far...

The battery is better now, I gues it requires a lot of "streching"!

It is obvious that I will need to buy an extra cradle for the office...

Please tell me if you have the same "profiles" problem.

4. Mossyman

Mossyman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Any ideas when the cradles are going to be out!? What did people do about initial charge of teh battery? What is the current thinking on this?! How long?
    Many thanks!
    Mossyman

5. JustinP

JustinP
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm glad your battery is improving.

Ive set up a caller group and tried the configuring call filtering in a new profile and I confirm it returns to "all" as soon as the phone goes back to the idle screen.

My Nokia HS-4W Bluetooth Headset was 99% reliable on my Orange SPVC500, but with the 8800 it rarley connects, maybe one 1n 50.

If I look in the active bluetooth devices I can see the headset, but I dont get the headset icon on the idle screen.

Ive tried repairing but its not helping.

Im going out tommorow to see if any other headsets are more reliable

Cheers

Justin

6. JustinP

JustinP
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Ive tried another Nokia headset today and got the same results, a Motorola connected everytime but the volume buttons didnt work and a plantronics which connected eveytime but then disconnected shortly after, it also felt like cheap tat.

Cheers

Justin

7. jmack

jmack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    is there a way or trick of getting the ear piece volume higher? even on the highest setting its still quiet?

thanks

8. Dario

Dario

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I believe that the volume adjusts itself to the ambient volume... not sure though...

There is another bug... the tone seting on the profiles tend to change back to the default seting....