Care package stealing!

Stephen Carter

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Be warned, there is a rant imminent here. I was playing hardcore TDM and was owning if i do say so. Got myself a nice emergency airdrop which consisted of; Stealth airsrike, Hind, Turret and and precision airstrike. Not bad i though ill have the two strikes and hind and leave the turret for someone else. How wrong i was. Now i usually dont mind, note usually, people taking my packages if i have died or the enemy is nearby and prevent them from taking it. But in this case, my own 'team mate' killed me in order to scavange all of the four airdrops. Needless to say he got a good ranting at down the mic and a message but you and the enemy should only be allowed to take them. Id rather have been killed fairly by the enemy and had them nabbed than a member of my team do it for them. God it makes me so angry :thumbsdow Anyone else experienced this?

LOL....sorry to laugh but your team"mate" wasnt much of a mate, thats mental.

I normally just play merc team deathmatch, but tonight tried S&D.....jeeez that was a step up of player strength...didnt stand a chance.

I've always wondered about emergency airdrops, are they fair game? what should you do? I've always picked up what I can, i dont know who calls them in so are they fair game?

One thing I can say for sure is that I wouldn't kill a team mate to get to one....

Its an 8 killstreak reward and intended for the person whom acquired unless theyre very generous. Like i say, i let one or two slip to team mates but this was just ridiculous. Anyone else who does this can fear my USP tactical knife lol

I've always wondered about emergency airdrops, are they fair game? what should you do? I've always picked up what I can, i dont know who calls them in so are they fair game?
Doesn't matter if you know them or not you are meant to be playing as a team the person who called them in earned them, not you or anyone else stealing peoples care packages is cheap even if they are randoms :rolleyes:...

I dont mind sharing normally but given the way in which i was conned out of these really irked me :mad:

I love stealing enemy airdrops but as for teammates airdrops they have worked hard for them so I leave them unless I get a yell over the mic to grab 1 before the enemy take them

Doesn't matter if you know them or not you are meant to be playing as a team the person who called them in earned them, not you or anyone else stealing peoples care packages is cheap even if they are randoms :rolleyes:...

Agreed, but there is no way the person calling in the air drop can pickup all 4 crates, as far as i'm concerned if you have this perk it's for your use and the use of the team.

I still dont condone the killing of team mate for it though.

Agreed, but there is no way the person calling in the air drop can pickup all 4 crates, as far as i'm concerned if you have this perk it's for your use and the use of the team.

I still dont condone the killing of team mate for it though.

Sorry but thats just you trying to justify stealing somebodys care packages and of course they can pick them all up i have seen it done countless times, if there your crates you can collect them very quick and maybe instead of stealing the crates you could help to defend him why he collects them that would have been the team thing to do but i guess your only thought is grab them before he can so that it ups your kills..

I have had this done a few times. Even when I have been waiting for a single care package to drop in HCTDM I have had a random knife me and steal the crate then go on to get a pretty good kill streak from it. Like others have said I was really annoyed and felt cheated.

I only ever steal the opposite teams crates or take a mates care package when given the go ahead :D

If four crates drop, and they're not mine, then i'll look after them.
I'll actually sit and wait for the owner to come and get them, guarding them as I know they will help his kill streak and not mine, but it'll help us to win the game.

I'll even do it on a single care package.
However not many people do it for me.

I too have been somewhat confused what to do. If its a single package then I leave it to the originator - always. You'll find in HCtdm that people often leave their care package and wait for the enemy to arrive and pick them off - I do much the same if its Ammo or something. Only if my mate dies will I consider taking it.

When its an emergency air drop I find people get very protective about them. Recently playing Mansion or whatever its called, and a sniper dropped all 4. I runs to take the best, so I trundle over to the UAV to help out; and he runs over, leaving the other packages and tkaes it - I shook my head and went off. If someobody else gets an ED, then what do I do...?

Personally if I even Equip the Emergency Drop killstreak, its with the full mind that its for sharing, as too often there is not enough time to pick them all up - rare do you get good cover fire. I actually love to share them, but under one rule - I get to pick the best one - most often stealth bomber or higher; you can have my harriers, turrent, uav etc.

Now what you said I had happen very recently - my 'team mate' came over to my single (4ks) package and looked at me; I bent to pick it up and he shot me. I was livid and spent the rest of the game hunting him down. It was a precision strike or something and he wasted it.

I only ever steal the opposite teams crates ... when given the go ahead :D

Dear Enemy, I am about to die, can you please take my Nuke? I've never had one in a crate before but somehow feel overcome by your inhuman skills; please take it. Thanks!

Last edited:
Yep agreed, i will take the best one or two and let the rest of the team scavange the rest, no problem with that. But when an AC gets nabbed or such like it is not good :thumbsdow I will name and shame whoever did this to me too when i remember his name lol. Thats a good idea, a name and shame thread for stupid actions e.g. team killing lol.

If four crates drop, and they're not mine, then i'll look after them.
I'll actually sit and wait for the owner to come and get them, guarding them as I know they will help his kill streak and not mine, but it'll help us to win the game.

I'll even do it on a single care package.
However not many people do it for me.

Same.

It takes an uncouth fellow to take someone's care package without asking. It takes a "insert word I can't type here" to kill someone for their care package.

Got some poetic justice once. An idiot decided to shoot me while I was about to collect my Harrier Strike. A friend was watching the package for me shot him in return and waited for me to return to take it.

I took the harrier strike and got some intelligence of where the ill mannered tit was. I dropped the harrier strike on him with pleasure.

If someone has the decency to keep watch over the package until i secure it, if it is an emergency airdrop, ill let them have a pick of the remaining ones. Never do i steal packages from people cos i know how much it annoys me :lesson:

If that would have happened to me I would have shot him every time I saw him :mad:

Dave.

Well i shot him but then two clowns proceeded to take it after him so they got grenaded, that sorted them out. They got all four packages in the end because i died due to team killing and had a respawn delay extension.

lol, that sucks!

This is largely why people don't use Care Package / Emergency Airdrop in HTDM... specifically because a teammate will kill you and take it to help their K:D ratio.

I suggest picking useful items like Harrier, Pavelow, Chopper Gunner, because if you can get 8, then you can get that combo.

Yeah im gonna change from emergency airdrop when i can get my next unlock, 5 levels i think

Thats a good idea, a name and shame thread for stupid actions e.g. team killing lol.

tricky one

The amount of times a noob has team killed me; I just have to shrug it off. Somewhat tricky if you were on say kill 8, and waiting to get Stealthbomber.

But equally, if I spawn, and know the enemy are coming our way, I often stand and aim and wait. So when some idiot proceeds to walk across the front of me as Im doing short bursts, or worse they stand in front of you, then I have little regret in killing them - the amount of times I originally thought 'oh, if he stands in front, he will either kill them or die so i shall NOT shoot, but I will live' and how wrong that presumption was; the enemy bullet goes through both of you - hence I dont hold back now.

I know its just a game and all but would feel bad if I stole a team mates care package. I dont use them myself, and if I see a team mate die after calling it ill defend it til they get back. Its good way to rack up kills actually.

Just had some T*** steal my sentry gun on Domination :mad:
I'm going to change my kill streaks as it is P****** me off.
Think I'll go for
Predator
Harrier
Pavelow

Dave.

Just had some T*** steal my sentry gun on Domination :mad:
I'm going to change my kill streaks as it is P****** me off.
Think I'll go for
Predator
Harrier
Pavelow

Dave.

Yeah i got rid of EA, instead of chancing an AC130 etc i just unlocked it and use:
Predator
Harrier
AC130

Hardline is useful too :thumbsup:

I had my first Care Package hijack the other day. Really annoying. I can't see myself changing it from the killstreak though. Having a care package is like christmas. You can't wait to open it and then realise you've recieved a knitted jumper!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom