Care home deaths exceed those in hospitals

Personally I'm quite ready to believe that a) the advice was incomplete b) the advice was changing and c) the response of some care homes wasn't good enough.

IIRC, about 2/3rds of care homes haven't had any COVID deaths; not all of them will have been brilliant but at the same time there's a chunk in there that did things differently to the 1/3rd of care homes that had deaths.

Perhaps we should look to understand what's gone wrong and what's gone right.

Personally I'm quite ready to believe that a) the advice was incomplete b) the advice was changing and c) the response of some care homes wasn't good enough.

IIRC, about 2/3rds of care homes haven't had any COVID deaths; not all of them will have been brilliant but at the same time there's a chunk in there that did things differently to the 1/3rd of care homes that had deaths.

Perhaps we should look to understand what's gone wrong and what's gone right.
Perhaps those without deaths didn't have infected Covid-19 carriers returned to the homes from NHS hospitals....

Perhaps those without deaths didn't have infected Covid-19 carriers returned to the homes from NHS hospitals....
Possibly, or perhaps those without deaths kept their clients isolated as part of their duty of care.

We will forget what they did eventually, and inevitably continue to ignore the real problems in the sector.

Plus post-Brexit the government think vacancies in care homes will be filled by UK workers. They haven't got a brain cell between them - and will be in for a shock.

We will forget what they did eventually, and inevitably continue to ignore the real problems in the sector.

Plus post-Brexit the government think vacancies in care homes will be filled by UK workers. They haven't got a brain cell between them - and will be in for a shock.

A doctor I know is in Spain and now upon coming back will be on unpaid quarantine leave for 2 weeks which he was slightly disappointed about.

Yes they are. It's a fudgeing disgrace that homes still don't have enough tests to test everyone regular, so now we've got a situation brewing again.

Fully support this move.

Homes should not be penalised on insurance this way either.

And a petition too -

Last edited:

Keeping an eye on this as we really need to get in to see my old man soon. We think he's deteriorated over the last few months and it's no longer acceptable that those like him are kept apart from their families.

Hoping my mum can be tested and don PPE to go in and give him a hug, and spend a bit of time. They both need it and it will do them both the world of good. As it will for other families too of course.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom