cardio equipment

njdbaxter

Prominent Member
Reaction score
A while back my reebok irun treadmill in the home gym stopped working after about 6 years.

looking to get another piece of cardio equipment to replace it. My previous treadmill folded straight up and went up to 16km, but these new treadmills with the motorised gradient fold up but stick out at an angle so even when folded cannot fit through doorways. So basically need to be taken apart to move and take up a lot of space, even when folded.

out of the other home cardio equipment available which would be the best?

i know you burn more calories on a treadmill than an exercise bike, but surely a bike can burn near as much as long as you use it right and would increase leg muscle mass and make them stronger, much more so than a treadmill.

seems the choice is really between a exercise bike or cross trainer.

currently the reebok Z9 bike is reduced to £160, and the reekok GB50 bike is reduced to £200

the reebok GX50 cross trainer is £300

i like the look of the reebok jet 100 crosstrainer but its £400 in argos, available online with amazon for under £280 but despatch is 2 months and they wont deliver fitness equipment over 30kg to Northern Ireland.

i have lot of weights in house, hex dumbells 1 -25kg, power tower, bodymaxCF415 squat rack, 10kg vest, 20kg sandback, Olympic bar with about 145kg in rubber plates.

want something to use during rest days or even in the evening if i hit the weights in the morning.

is it worth the extra £100 - £200 for a cross trainer, or is the bike such as the reebok GB50 the better option

Go outside for a run/walk instead, cost- free!!!!!
More related to your question, I find most of the cheaper bikes/cross trainers/ treadmills are not up to much and not a pleasant experience to use. Only when you start getting to the 'pro' kit does it become reasonable.
I would also look at maybe a rowing machine.

Best bang for buck would be a second hand Concept 2 Rowing machine. I am yet to try anything that comes close for a full body workout that can also build muscle and power.
Plus they are bullet proof, last forever and worn parts can be replaced. I hired mine for 6 months to make sure I'd use it and then bought it off them.
If you buy used and don't like it or stop using it, you can always sell it on for probably what you paid.

Kettlebell...or improvise with some of your dumbbells...think there's some videos on YouTube...

Burpees too...aim for 3*10 daily..

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom