1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cardas cable for Sennheiser?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Garincha, Oct 16, 2005.

1. Garincha

Garincha

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, anyone tried this one? Pretty expensive, but I need 15ft at least for my HD600 so I have to buy something. I am wondering if it is worth investing so much?

2. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    It certainly is expensive,and I found the UK agent somewhat unpleasant and unhelpful.

I'd advise trying something like the Kimber's equivalent which at least has a return option.

3. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,277
    and Stephan audio is the other one.

4. Marco2

Marco2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I use a replacement Cardas cable on my HD650's and I have to say it is well worth it.

It does make a big differernce, I remember when I first listened to my system with this cable in place it was immediatly noticeable. The biggest change to presentation I have ever experienced with a cable !

Notable was the presentation became slightly more forward and treble was more prominent, but not fatiguing in anyway. A slight increase in bass depth and control, and the soundstage seemed to widen also.

The physical cable itself tends to get a bit twisted and curled up over time so you have to routinely sort that out, a bit annoying but no major shakes.

Fitting the cable was easy, I found the stock cable removed with relative ease and the new one slotted in with no problems.

Given the length you need it is quite pricey but there is a definate difference for the better.

Never read much about the Russ andrews cable, the other cable I toyed with but was not as easily available as it is now, is the Stefan Audio Art cable. This tends to be a bit pricier still but is well regarded.

5. Reano

Reano

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    I have both the Russ and the Stefan Audioarts cables. The Russ one is a bit of a pain as it sort of tangles itself up and makes it awkard sometimes when moving around. The Stefan one is better both for sound and comfort. I wouldn't say it was a 'massive' difference for the money. E.g. think of it this way if the HD650 cost say £200 (discounted) and then the cable £150 thats £350 all in I would much rather get Grado RS1 (which I also have) from ebay as this is a lot better investment than the cable upgrade. The cables do improve the sound but the Grado RS1 would be an all round better buy. (if you sell the Senn's of course)

6. StevieDvd

StevieDvd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +151
    Bearing in mind you don't seem to be located in the UK some of the prices quoted won't make much sense for you.

I would say you may find a better deal looking over at head-fi.org forums where there are some cable makers who will make one up to a good standard for a lot less than the main commercial ones.

I've got Zu Mobius on my 650s but I've seen it stated that the 600s are better with Cardas though I've never tried Cardas myself.

A good site I have used is www.headphile.com, I've had 2 sets of grado headphones upgraded (wood eearcups and recable) and he has an excellent rep over at head-fi.

I presume buying from US would be easier for you.

Steve