card to equal 7year-old scaler

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by jimaro, Apr 22, 2007.

1. jimaro

jimaro
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello.Somebody recently gave me a computer board IntelD865 perl, so i thought of making an HTPC with what this board can hold.
    I have a SONYG70 who works for several years at 768p with a DENON 2800 player with an onboard cinematrix card.I had this made 7 years ago-even before i had the SONY- and still going strong!!!!!I'm very happy with the picture and i never thought of getting something else inspite of the cards' rather old age.
    But this player wont play some discs ,especially some DVD-R's and double layer,so i figured to try a budget HTPC with the board that was given to me.
    My goal was to make an HTPC that will play the DVD's the DENON wont play and get it to equal my players performance.
    I bought a used P4 2.8,1GB ram,a budget HTPC box with 350 watt and the Lg DVD-rom,and after i loaded the Power DVD i tried on an nvidia MX 440 that was given to me practicaly for free.
    I used the same 5BNC RGB connection, only i bought a new VGA to BNC cable.
    The nvidia card locked at 1024x768 and 1366x768 very easily but the quality of the picture is dissapointing.Not even close to the picture of my 7 year old cinematrix card.So now,i think i have to buy a better graphics card.I would appreciate very much any suggestions of a card that might play significantly better than the one i have now.My goal is to equal my scaling 7year old cinematrix card.thanks in advance for any input here.