1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Card Swap

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by simon1, Jul 12, 2001.

1. simon1

simon1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    As many of you know, there's been a recent software update which has caused problems with some boxes.

My box, the silver Pace, was one of these.

Had it collected a just over a week ago, and whilst I didn't miss it, the wife was moaning 'cos she was missing Big Brother.

I had thought about connecting my old black Pace that was up in the loft, but remembered that the current viewing card wouldn't match this box - Many people I'd spoke with previously had said you couldn't swap cards from one box to another.

I've just (5am this morning) remembered something - the hidden 'installers menu'.

After connecting the box, inc the phone line, I sellected 'New installation' - Bingo, all channels available.

One small snag though, for some reason, every channel opperated by the BEEB, says 'Wrong Card'.

Anyone know whats going on?

2. Jim Robson

Jim Robson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Originally from the wonderful Granite City, Aberde
    Ratings:
    +1
    I don't know what your present problem is but I do know that it's a very simple job to phone Sky and have your card reassigned to your 'new' box. I'm not quite sure what you mean by saying that you had your silver Pace box 'collected'? Has it gone for repair or have you terminated your subscription before a the minimum 1 year? If you've had it for over a year you actually own the box. I owned my box the day after it was installed as I was one of the 'lucky ones' who paid about £200 for my one!

Regards

Jim :D

[ 12-07-2001: Message edited by: Jim Robson ]