• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Carbon Fibre Bargin???

dingle

:hiya:,
Has anybody got experience of using this Carbon Fibre Tripod:Velbon Sherpa 537 CF.
Marketed by Clifton Camera at £129 complete with head and bean bag.

Please let me have your thoughts!
;)

Biscuit761

I have the 635CF (or is it the 535 ?), am very pleased with it and the Manfrotto Ball Head.

Only thing is it is so light sometimes when I am wrestling with the ball head the tripod moves about, just a matter of practice.

Bill

dingle

Thanks Biscuit:thumbsup:
People have talked about this make of tripod as well as the Red Snapperon this forum.
The price of Sherpa CF 537 seem very competitively priced at Clifton but is it a quality product?? I currently have a Slik 88 and one of the leg keeps on 'slipping'.

I will be using it with EOS 40D and the heaviest lens is 100-400L glass.

Any further comments will be very useful.
:)

T0MAT01

If you're looking to use a 100-400 on it, then I would question whether the head will support such a load. It might be worth asking a the shop few questions as it's not worth saving money by buying it, only to have to replace the head later.

With your setup, I would be looking for something rated to support about 7Kg to be safe.... but that wont be cheap.

dingle

Tomato Thnx for the input.

Any other suggestions for a tripod/head then! Comon guys- dont keep your opinion to yourselves!

:confused:

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom