1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carada recommends 0.8 high contrst grey material?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Timbo21, Apr 20, 2005.

1. Timbo21

Timbo21

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +263
    Hi everyone :) ,

Carada have recommended me a high contrast grey (0.8) for a Screenplay 7205 (1100 lumens, 2600:1 contrast).

David @ Carada says this would be more than bright enough with screen size
    of 68" wide (173 cm) X 38.25" high (97 cm) viewing area (16:9). Viewing
    distance is 11 feet with pj distance from screen being about same.

The alternative is cinema white of 1.0 gain.

What do y'all reckon?

Thanks,

Tim.

2. Treguard1982

Treguard1982
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I ordered one of the criterions and have a 4805, and similarly the high contrast gray was suggested. Funnily enough, we painted the wall for the screen black, and we've just done a test before receiving the screen. The image from the 4805 still looks pretty damn good just going on a black wall!

Ad

3. Zag

Zag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    With the 7205 and your screen size a 0.8 gain screen would be a good match I reckon. The brightness of PJs seem to be increasing all the time so that sounds like a good bet. If you prefer a brighter image the 1.0 gain sceen should be fine as well.

I bought a 80 inch BW (1.4 gain) Carada Criterion screen about a year ago now. One of my best ever purchases. I've used it with a H30, Z4,HC3000 and now a HS60, the PJs all had their issues but the screen has been consistently good. With the HC3000 I think a lower gain screen would of been a better match but with the HS60 it's a great match.

Can't go wrong with Carada. For about £150-200 you can always change the material in the future should a new PJ dictate a change in screen gain.

Zag