• No

Votes: 16 25.8%
  • I don't have a car

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jenn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Following today's "revelation" of the car tax change that was burried inside the budget book - You can check how much you are going to be paying from next April at the following link.

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/road-tax/

I'm curious to see the percentage of people it will go down for.

mines a feb 01 reg so im not effected, and next increase is small in 2010

thre audi a2 which im buying for the mrs is currently £35 a year, going down to £30 next year then back upto £35 in 2010

I forgot to say, both of ours are going up :mad:

One by £10 but it's a two seater so useless if we want to go out as a family.
One goes up to £415 then £430 because it's 4g/km into the L band. We'll be paying £115 more thand band K because of 4g...

Yes and no, the pre 2001 gas guzzzler no, the relatively economical '52 plate 1.6 megane up £45.

Dave

Yes, the 2000 Audi A4 up by £15 in 2010 and the 2005 LandCruiser by £205 next year :(:thumbsdow

2003 Focus Turbodiesel

End of this month £120
Next year £110
Year after £115.

Don't understand it personally but meh. Interestingly my car has been on loan to a friend of mine over the last few days for him, his girlfriend and an eight month old baby whilst his car was off the road and I was in Germany. It coped with the biblical amount of stuff that small children seem to require without breaking sweat which was encouraging. Unless you drop twins or worse, sub 140g/km cars seem well up to the task of ferrying kids about which will leave me more money to spend on drink and mistresses.

everyone should just buy used <march 2001 toyota landcruisers and hummers and still pay less than a mondeo >2001 :suicide:

Mine is band M and will be going up to £440 next year and my wife's is band L which means it will be £415 next year.

Who said anything about stealth taxes :D

If my Sedona was 2 years younger I'd be joining you in band M, Ian. I think I need to spend the money I save in making sure it stays on the road for as long as possible. At least until they move the goalposts even further back and it costs more to tax than it is worth.

So anyone who owns a luxury car will find that their tax is going up so won't be voting Labour at the next election. Anyone who has a People Carrier will find that their tax is going up so won't be voting Labour at the next election. Anyone who is on a low income and has just been screwed by the Labour Government over the withdrawal of the 10% tax rate won't be voting Labour at the next election and any small business owner who was encouraged by the then Chancellor G Brown to set up in business in return for Capital Gains tax incentives and who has also just been screwed over in the latest budget and therefore also won't be voting Labour at the next election.

Who does that leave :rotfl:

I've voted no - this is not strictly true as it is going up from £150 to £155 (+3.2%) but I considered this to be within the realms of normal inflation rather than a stealth tax.

Cheers,

Nigel

Two of the cars are going up, one by £10 and the other by £15. Our Honda Civic Hybrid is going down by £5 to £10/yr.

I'm in band L too - may as well either buy a 1 month older car (April 2001) or just buy a bigger engined one!!

My 911 was purchased in March '06, so I just creep into the £210 band this year. Not clear if it is now going to be £440 for the following year?

My wife's A3 (2.0T Quattro) will go up from £210 to £300.

I hate this government.......................

Sidicks

£210 this year, £260 next and £270 the year after.

All for a tiny little Clio:suicide:

I hate this government too:smashin:

My 911 was purchased in March '06, so I just creep into the £210 band this year. Not clear if it is now going to be £440 for the following year?

My wife's A3 (2.0T Quattro) will go up from £210 to £300.

I hate this government.......................

Sidicks

Oh dear your an Enthusiast, the goverment really hates people who enjoy things especially drivers, expect alot more tax in the future.

Bleh, my 2.3 Galaxy was registered on 15.03.2001, 16 days out :rotfl: :(
Goes up to £415 :mad:

2.0 Focus registered on 08.02.2001, 21 days in :) :clap:

You win some, you lose more. :rolleyes:

Mine Seat Ibiza 1.9TDi £120 this year , £110 next year.
Wifes Freelander TD4 £210 this year , £300 next year.
I have decided that due to the hike in road tax and very likely rapid depreciation of a costly to run car its got to go , so we are replacing it with a Fiesta 1.6TDCi at £35 this year and £30 next year.

Mines going up a fiver this year to £210 ( band f focus st3 ) and upto 300 next year.

It wouldn't be so bad if the extra money was spent on environmental projects, but we all know that's as likely as England winning Euro 2008.

I've just changed from a 3.2 litre TT Quatro to a 2.0tdi BMW M-Sport 3 Series Coupe (that's a mouthful). It's got incredibly low emissions of something like 124g yet still has 177bhp and does 145mph. I guess the government would call that a successful green policy, but it's obviously too successful because they keep moving the goalposts!

Car 1: Up by £230 (3.5V6 Petrol)
Car 2: Stays the same (2.5V6 Petrol)
Car 3: Stays the same (4.4V8 Petrol)

Not too bad, always thought vehicle excise duty was rather low compared to other EU countries.

2001 A4 1.9 TDi

Currently £125 or £68.75 for six months

In future, £120 or £66 for six months so mines gone down :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom