Car Tax Refund query

Van Dam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I received a text to say I'm owed a refund for car tax. But I have some reservations because I didn't know this method was possible. I know DVLA usually send refunds via cash order by post so I just wondered if this was a new way and if anyone has done a refund via this method before? It is asking for all details on my debit card to process the refund, including the 3 digit security code.
The website is:
https://govuk-refundform.com/Main.p...kQ3Ybc3URA1O9RFRd936FmGEE7vqq50KV3J6gM18n3WxU

I received a text to say I'm owed a refund for car tax. But I have some reservations because I didn't know this method was possible. I know DVLA usually send refunds via cash order by post so I just wondered if this was a new way and if anyone has done a refund via this method before? It is asking for all details on my debit card to process the refund, including the 3 digit security code.
The website is:
https://govuk-refundform.com/Main.p...kQ3Ybc3URA1O9RFRd936FmGEE7vqq50KV3J6gM18n3WxU
Fraudulent

The website is:
Absolutely nobody needs to know the 3-digit security code to pay money to an account. That is only needed to spend money from the account.
IIRC no .gov department will contact you electronically to 'discuss' anything like this, it will always be paper mail.

Has this come coincidentally after you've sold or SORN a vehicle?

Has this come coincidentally after you've sold or SORN a vehicle?
Nope. Just got a msg via with the link via text out of the blue. I just thought it was a new way to process the refund until it asked me for my mother's maiden name and then full security code. That was what raised my eyebrows. Thanks.

Screenshot of the text message
Screenshot_20190322-182047_Messages.jpg

I thought it was dodgy. Thanks all.

I'm waiting on a tax refund, a good heads up to ignore any dodgy texts...

Might be worth chucking at action fraud assuming that is the senders number in the screen grab.
Action Fraud

Had the same text message last night and noticed how it ended with .com

+447511795134 Number blocked.

I work for a major high street bank and can confirm that text message is a scam. Please do not click the link and do not enter any information it asks for! If ever in doubt find the official number for whoever the text/email has come from and contact them directly to verify whether they are attempting to contact you.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom