• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Car Subwoofer Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt_du_man

Standard Member
Hi,

Can anybody help me? I've had a sub in my car for years and it's been great. I recently bought a new car stereo so I can connect my phone with bluetooth to use spotify, however my new stereo has made my sub sound terrible.

The stereo has built in subwoofer controls, but I've changed every setting and nothing really changes. I used to have the frequency set quite low on the sub, but now the stereo seems to completely override this, as messing with the knobs on the back of the sub don't change anything. The stereo has a number of settings that honestly mean nothing to me (mainly Output and Slope), but maybe they will to some of you?

Subwoofer - Normal/Reverse/Off
Frequency - 50/63/80/100/125/160/200hz
Output level - -24 to+6
Slope - -6 to -12

It also has HPF (High Pass Filter) settings, which have similar options, but using them just seem to make the sub quieter.

Is there a magical number all this should be set to? Or anything else that can be done, because I have no idea.

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom