car stuck in road

Doug21

Novice Member
Reaction score
My last car's engine seized up at a red light, and a cop thought I was doing a prank so he was pissed. He told me next time to call the police. Does he mean dispachers or 911?

Also wondering what number to call if I get stuck in a ditch? 911 to get a tow? Or just call a local tow truck place?

I am not stuck, but want to know for future reference.

Another thread so soon. Have you got too much time on your hands?

Also, you're based in the USA. Any advice given here would almost certainly be based on UK law!

No, weather is bad, and if I go to work I want to be prepared for the worst.

If you're injured, call an ambulance. If your car is blocking the road (or 'highway' as I believe you like to call them), then call the feds (don't actually call the FBI, 'Feds' is one of many UK slang words for the Police, other examples are; 'Cops', '5-Oh', and 'The Old Bill').

If you're not injured, are not blocking the road, and you just wanna cheer some people up, then take a photo of your car in whatever ditch it may be in, and upload it here. Not for any other reason than to give us giggle. Ta (Thank you).

Better yet, lean some basic car maintenance, check and top-up your engine oil so it doesn't seize in future!

Wouldn't it be a good idea to have a little flag in the corner of a persons avatar :D
Don't mention the flags :nono: we will never speak of them again :rotfl:

What flags?

Better yet, lean some basic car maintenance, check and top-up your engine oil so it doesn't seize in future!

I would have thought it would more likely be caused by overheating due to lack of water, possibly burst water hose or faulty fan/fan belt. Alternatively could be broken cam belt.

Could be pretty much anything really! :rolleyes:

Graham.

My last car's engine seized up at a red light, and a cop thought I was doing a prank so he was peeed. He told me next time to call the police. Does he mean dispachers or 911?

Also wondering what number to call if I get stuck in a ditch? 911 to get a tow? Or just call a local tow truck place?

I am not stuck, but want to know for future reference.
Are you specifically asking about what to do next Weds 4th Feb when you'll have your ex-employer in the trunk of your car, at the bottom of this 'ditch'? ...Don't call the police :D:p

I just took notice of your new avatar! I sort of just glazed over it before, without paying attention to what it is.

My post will make no sense when I change my avatar back :p

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom