Car Stereos that work with iPhone 4 / iOS4

hot-fuzz

Banned
Hello all,

Can anyone please tell me what stereos work with their iPhone 4.

Im after USB connection for music and for Bluetooth calls, phonebook etc.

Ta

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Toms1989

Standard Member
Have you had a look at some Parrot handsfree kits? like the MKI9200? That way you get to keep your JVC stereo.

They obviously have bluetooth calls, have a USB connection, aswell as Ipod connection and a 3.5mm Aux line in for anything with an earphone socket. Also has a 2.4" TFT screen so you can see which of your contacts are calling you, the music you are playing aswell.

Only thing is I am not entirely sure whether they charge them off the Ipod plug.

blaze591

Standard Member
I can only comment that the BMW Professional Radio / CD with the USB connection and the FL6 cable doesn't work with IOS 4. My personal opinion: You'd have to have a very, very good reason to upgrade to IOS4.

Flashstatic

Standard Member
I wll be watching this thread as just bough the iphone 4 myself and also looking for a car stereo that will work with it on usb.

hot-fuzz

Banned
Ive just edited the OP as the JVC does work.
No idea why it does now, but thank god as its an amazing stereo.

neilybealy

Have you had a look at some Parrot handsfree kits? like the MKI9200? That way you get to keep your JVC stereo.

They obviously have bluetooth calls, have a USB connection, aswell as Ipod connection and a 3.5mm Aux line in for anything with an earphone socket. Also has a 2.4" TFT screen so you can see which of your contacts are calling you, the music you are playing aswell.

Only thing is I am not entirely sure whether they charge them off the Ipod plug.

will the parrot mki9200 play music from the iphone when connected using bluetooth?

Bennybeanbag

Kenwood DNX8220BT supports IOS4 on an iPhone 3G so assume it will also support an IP4 even though the Kenwood website says the cable is pending. Officially it never supported any iPhone (only iPod) but mine has worked from 2.8 through to 4.0.1

jerryjal

I can second this, I have the iPhone 4 and it works perfectly well with a Kenwood DNX 8220BT. :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom