Car Speedo

bransoj

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any recommendations for a free app, or no more than a quid anyhow, that will act as a car speedo using the GPS on the phone?

I have intermittant issues on my car where the speedo will stop working due to a faulty part fitted by Ford to start with that they wont fix for free but will do for a cut down price of £99 and means replacing the who dial assembly!! Used to have a Nokia and a GPS app that would show your speed very accurately but all the ones i've tried on the iPhone seem to be very sluggish to update. Tried the two side by side and the iPhone is way behind the Nokia. I have a feeling this may be down to the external bluetooth GPS keyring i use with the Nokia which is far better than the GPS on the iPhone so any app whether its free or expensive will be the same.

Tried a few different ones so far but open to suggestions.

Have you tried "Speedo" ?
It has a blue background with 140mph limit?

It's very accurate and has a seperate red needle which keeps the fastest speed you have reached on screen.

Don't think it's free.

Last edited:
Have you tried "Speedo" ?
It has a blue background with 140mph limit?

It's very accurate and has a seperate red needle which keeps the fastest speed you have reached on screen.

Don't think it's free.
If its not free then unlikely i've tried it. Will have a look. Ta.

Anyone have any recommendations for a free app, or no more than a quid anyhow, that will act as a car speedo using the GPS on the phone?

I have intermittant issues on my car where the speedo will stop working due to a faulty part fitted by Ford to start with that they wont fix for free but will do for a cut down price of £99 and means replacing the who dial assembly!! Used to have a Nokia and a GPS app that would show your speed very accurately but all the ones i've tried on the iPhone seem to be very sluggish to update. Tried the two side by side and the iPhone is way behind the Nokia. I have a feeling this may be down to the external bluetooth GPS keyring i use with the Nokia which is far better than the GPS on the iPhone so any app whether its free or expensive will be the same.

Tried a few different ones so far but open to suggestions.

Just to let you know a faulty speedo is an MOT fail, so id get kicking some ford a**e

Just to let you know a faulty speedo is an MOT fail, so id get kicking some ford a**e
Its very annoying as it appears that Ford have admitted that a faulty part is the issue and its affects numerous cars around the same time but wont fix for free. They are only offering a fix for £99 that includes replacing the whole dash dial set and means that the mileometer starts from scratch again. Just a bit peeved to give them another £99 for something that was faulty from the start. Its something to do with the connection circuit where the dash plugs into and it fails when its cold and wet.

Fortunately its fine when its not cold and wet and with my MOT falling in the summer its not been an issue as yet...;)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom