1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

car speakers

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by terrysearle, Aug 15, 2004.

1. terrysearle

terrysearle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    need some help chosing new speakers for my car have a peugeot 106 and need to change the door speakers as they arent really up to the job with the new 500w amp ive just fitted. i need speakers that will fit in the same door space so how much room do i have and any good models to get have £100 to spend was thinking alpine, sony dnt really know, just need ur help
    thanx
    terry

2. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    Does you amp genuinely deliver 500w ?

3. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    500w total music power?? = 125w per channel

Look in the Infinity manual and look at seperates

4. terrysearle

terrysearle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ive checked and its 130w per channel and i have only 13cm room in the front doors so any ideas on best speakers 4it?

5. bazzason

bazzason

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    is it 130w RMS per channel? 2-channel or 4-channel?

if its a 4-channel i suspect 130w is peak output, and to be fair for fronts 50w RMS is perfectly adequate. i am running an amp that delivers 60w RMS to my fronts with the gain on about 25% and it goes louder than i will ever need without distortion or clipping. if you want more, simply bridge the channels from 4 to 2.

as for good fronts, there are loads of good 5.25" speakers out there - how much do you want to spend? £100? £200? more?

[EDIT] just seen you want to spend £100 - these are two to consider:
    Phase Linear
    Alpine
    out of the two, the alpines deliver a better sound (i have heard both, and have the 6.5" versions myself).

if you need a coaxial speaker rather than a component set, try either of these as a starting point:
    Alpine
    DLS
    the DLS are better quality speakers, but the alpines will deliver better bottom end frequencies.