1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Car radio with mini disc

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by petetocrete, Sep 6, 2005.

1. petetocrete

petetocrete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Where can I see reviews for these please ?
    I've recently purchased a hi-fi mini-disc player and I think it's great. It's to replace all my cassette's and now I would like a unit in the car

2. thingwithwings

thingwithwings

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Haven't got any review sites to pass on but I used to have a Kenwood KD673R MiniDisc Tuner for my Celica. It was excellent - great sound, fast operation and looked great too. You could change the display lighting from red to green to suit the mood/car and the menu was pretty easy to use. Detachable fascia etc etc. You could also add a CD changer if you wanted.

They may have updated it since I had one last but it should still be excellent value and sound great.

3. Bassbin

Bassbin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    Haven't seen any reviews but I'm considering getting one of these as well. You can get specs and pics at www.minidisc.org and there are links to some manuals.

4. petetocrete

petetocrete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the input to you two

5. Liam @ Prog AV

Liam @ Prog AV
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    Another MD user here. Can highly recommend Kenwood unit, and also minidisc.org as the best md info site ever!! The only problem with in-car MD is so few manufacturers do them anymore. The cheap Sony ones aren't great IMO, Panasonic did a good one once but I think it's finished now. Best option is to find an old Kenwood.

6. Churnobyl

Churnobyl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    i currently use a kenwood kmd671 md in my car,its much better than the old sony ihad. i was looking for a dab radio/md unit but am informed they do not exist. i am currently converting my md collection into mp3 and may purchase either a jvc711 or blaupunkt nashville, as they do dab and mp3. can anyone recommend these units? if i do change to mp3,my md player may be for sale if your interestd, wont be for a while though.

7. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,266
    The JVC KD-MK3000 was a good unit. It has a combined CD/MD mech and can accept either.

8. glasgow boy

glasgow boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not long sold my car with the MD unit and CD changer in it :( .

I had a Sony one (cant remember the model number now). Had major problems at the beginning and had to take it back 4 or 5 times to get a replacement. After that it was still working away 3 years later although I've heard a few people saying to stay clear of Sony car MD's. Funny seeing as Sony invented MD :oops:

9. cracker

cracker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +247
    i had a Sony C7900R md headunit, was very good (better than newer models) and if i hadnt changed cars i would still have it

does everything well and never had a single problem with it

(in fact ive still got it, must get round to selling it!)