Car multimedia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varadero xl 1000 v

Standard Member
Hi Guys.

I have the citroen c3 1,4, mod 2004. After years of uninterrupted operation, the pioneer radio cassette player stopped working. An inspection by a technician revealed that the cable had been cut, and was no longer available for replacement.

As a result, I thought of replacing it with a touch screen multimedia music player, which I would like to include:

1. FM radio,

2. Receive DAB for future use,

3. Use of bluetooth,

4. usb interface,

5. HD screen resolution, 720p minimum,

6. Operating android.

Optionally I would like:

1. Interface with reversing camera,

2. Navigation.

CD player, as well as video playback I am not interested.

If you have some suggestions from branded companies at a reasonable cost (200 - 400 €), I would like to see them.

IronGiant

Is it a single DIN, double DIN or something bespoke as far as fitting goes?

Varadero xl 1000 v

Standard Member
Is it a single DIN, double DIN or something bespoke as far as fitting goes?
If I understand correctly, because it is an old model, it did not have any other multimedia factory screen. I will place an after market for the first time.

Did I understand your question correctly?

Varadero xl 1000 v

Standard Member
I understand. I have to photograph it and measure it. Will do it..
If I bet: it is the whole space that appears in the photo, and it picks up the cd radio, as well as the case that is below. Both can be removed, and the multimedia device can be placed there.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210216-161504_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210216-161504_Chrome.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 40

IronGiant

At a guess, that is a "double DIN", if you take both sections out. This is a big advantage as you can put just about anything you like in there.

mjn

Distinguished Member
If the cable has been cut, why not fix?

un1eash

Distinguished Member
If a cable has been cut or broken going into the radio your going to have the same problem fitting a new radio as the iso adaptor when fitting aftermarket connects to the existing wiring.
I'd pull the radio and check the wiring as may just need a wire reconnecting.

Varadero xl 1000 v

Standard Member
If a cable has been cut or broken going into the radio your going to have the same problem fitting a new radio as the iso adaptor when fitting aftermarket connects to the existing wiring.
I'd pull the radio and check the wiring as may just need a wire reconnecting.
No. I do not mean the cable on the back of the device. The tape that supplies power to the cassette / radio pioneer screen, or which is removable, has been cut. It is a device failure only ..

IronGiant

I think there was a translation problem there: "cut" suggests a deliberate act, I think you mean that a ribbon cable integral to the device has snapped or worn out?. In which case I think you are correct, you need a new radio.

Last edited:

nvingo

Distinguished Member
I think there was a translation problem there:In which case I think you are correct, you need a new radio.
and a mathematical one:
Hi Guys.

I have the citroen c3 1,4, mod 2004. After years of uninterrupted operation, the pioneer radio cassette player stopped working.

I asked for it. But he told me that because the device is very old (25 years old), there is no more spare part!
I'd personally be tempted to source a second-hand original unit. Of course I'm not the OP nor have his ambitions.

Varadero xl 1000 v

Standard Member
I think there was a translation problem there: "cut" suggests a deliberate act, I think you mean that a ribbon cable integral to the device has snapped or worn out?. In which case I think you are correct, you need a new radio.
Yes you are right!

The fault concerns a ribbon cable inside the device. Searching, I found a unit that meets almost all of my requirements, and is the following:Alpine iLX-W650BT 7” Digital Media Station, featuring Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility

How do you judge her? Is there anything else you think in this price range?

dmpzsn

Distinguished Member
Have you thought of joining a dedicated forum like this one

I belong to the C4 owners forum and there is a lot of information available from the members there on all age cars. They might be able to point you in the right direction of available kit to suit your needs and any cable connectors required.

Varadero xl 1000 v

Standard Member
Have you thought of joining a dedicated forum like this one

I belong to the C4 owners forum and there is a lot of information available from the members there on all age cars. They might be able to point you in the right direction of available kit to suit your needs and any cable connectors required.
Thank you very much, I will submit an application for acceptance ..

dmpzsn

Distinguished Member
I did a quick search and found a couple, one of which might suit your needs.

Good luck anyway, hope it works out.:thumbsup:

dmpzsn

Distinguished Member
No, the C4 forum I'm on has sections for different subjects. A lot of questions such as yours are asked regularly, and answered by other members who can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung HW-Q950A Soundbar Review coming soon to AVForums.com
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Streaming giants face UK regulation by Ofcom
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Campfire Audio launches new Satsuma and Honeydew earphones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published