• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Car Insurance renewal

NinaMyers

Established Member
saved about £100 (thats 33%!!) thanks to comparethemarket.com :clap:
My current insurance company didn't even offer to match it, or ask why i didn't want to renew

How come there are such huge differences between companys??

mij

Prominent Member
last year I got my renewal, went onto confused.com and got a £100.00 cheaper quote from the same company :mad:

I phoned them and they honoured it. It pays to check.

J80FAB

Established Member
saved about £100 (thats 33%!!) thanks to comparethemarket.com :clap:
My current insurance company didn't even offer to match it, or ask why i didn't want to renew

How come there are such huge differences between companys??

Who did you buy your car insurance with ?

If you had gone through Quidco and if the policy is with Prudential you would have been able to get another £95 cashback !

NinaMyers

Established Member
Who did you buy your car insurance with ?

If you had gone through Quidco and if the policy is with Prudential you would have been able to get another £95 cashback !

originally with direct line, now through the auto-trader.

Not only is it £100 cheaper but my excess is now £100 (was £250). Still have my ncd protected and legal protection and guaranteed hire car.

Happy all round really!

IronGiant

It's a great time of year isn't, Christmas is over, oh yes I have to insure my car...

I moved from Direct Line to Esure and saved £160 and got a lower excess. My wife did the same and saved a £100. We must be leaving in droves. They just asked whether we were sure we had the same level of custom and thanked us for our custom.

When I asked if they could better their rate they did tell me there was no way way they could price match another company as they were already offering the most competitive rates they could (although we all know that if you cancel the policy and take out a new one you get a better rate, I didn't mention it :))

Dave

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom