Car hyundai gets

G

G442301

HI,
I bought a brand new car (Hyundai gets) in January 09. when i drive for about 200 miles with air condition on it smells of petrol.I took to garage who check fuel ducts at the back seat under carpet and told me that nothing wrong with it. Do u know what could cause of it and how it can be fixed

nheather

Distinguished Member
Firstly, best directing this to the car forum.

But from my thinking, no part of a properly working car should smell of petrol unless you are sniffing down the fuel filler.

So checking ducts seems to be a red-herring to me - they should have been checking where the petrol smell is coming from - sounds like you have a leak in the fuel or injection lines\systems.

If you have petrol leaking (even a small amount) then I imagine the smell would get into the ventilation of any car.

Cheers,

Nigel

un1eash

Distinguished Member
You sure its a fuel smell and not air con gases?

G

G442301

Hi,
One of my friend say it could be an A/C condition gas which could be leaking as this problem only start when a/c is on. what do u think ,could this be right?
Firstly, best directing this to the car forum.

But from my thinking, no part of a properly working car should smell of petrol unless you are sniffing down the fuel filler.

So checking ducts seems to be a red-herring to me - they should have been checking where the petrol smell is coming from - sounds like you have a leak in the fuel or injection lines\systems.

If you have petrol leaking (even a small amount) then I imagine the smell would get into the ventilation of any car.

Cheers,

Nigel

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom