Car dent repair - advice needed

Discussion in 'Motoring' started by Mr Incredible, Apr 27, 2007.

1. Mr Incredible

Mr Incredible
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13,681
    Some seaside Blackpool chav decided that he didn't like the look of my wife, nor our son, nor her vehicle last night, and apart from "looking" for a fight (I wasn't there as there may have been a different outcome with me @ nearly 18 stone and 6' 5"), and put his boot to the tailgate. Result, a fairly large dent but fortunately no creasing of the metalwork.

I've been look at these dent pullers and was wondering if anyone can offer advice re the sort to get and the size to get in relation to the dent. There appear to be several sizes and I don't know which one to get for the job.

Thanks.

Disgruntled!

2. IronGiant

IronGiant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46,650
  3. Mr Incredible

Mr Incredible
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13,681
    I tried removing the trim but the clips could be a one time use thing. They appear well and truly attached to the tailgate. Notwithstanding that there is a high level brak light which has defied all logic as to how to unfix that as well.

Even if I got a range of pullers, I wouldn't know which size to use for optimum effect without potentially over-pulling or damaging the area affected. I.e. should the puller area be 50% of the dent area or size? 10%? 90%? :confused:

4. IronGiant

IronGiant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46,650
    I don't know, but I would guess that you would ideally apply suction to the whole of the affected area so it was sucked out in a single go, but I wouldn't risk your money on my guess.

Dave