car chargers - where from?

fizzgog

Prominent Member
Reaction score
hi guys, im leaving for a camping trip in the morning at around 9.30am and want to take my DS with me. i really want a car charger so that we can get more life out of the battery. my question is this - do woolworths or wh smith stock them as they are the only two places i can get to before 9.30am.
thanx
pete

Standard DS - Doubt it from either, Game for sure

Lite DS - Doubt it from anywhere

hi Conn, im gutted, i was hoping that one would be included in an accessory pack and that they were universal between ds fat & ds lite.
thanx for getting back to me though.
incidentally, it was for the ds lite - i can see them on ebay but have obviously left it too late to get one from there.
cheers
pete

You can get USB car chargers from eBay such as this but you'll be hard pressed to find one in any shops before you go away.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Just came back from town - Gamestation had car chargers, still can not see any USB chargers in store anywhere (for the Lite)

Curse Nintendo's propritory connections :rolleyes:

hi guys, well im back from my trip and the single ds battery life lasted fine anyways - i turned the screen intensity down to its lowest as i mainly played at night and it was fine.
i did pop into woolies and wh smith before i went and they had accessory packs (including chargers) but they were only for the fattie ds.
pete

are you seriously sayin gyou cant get a car charger for the DS Lite, :thumbsdow gutted

dapex said:
are you seriously sayin gyou cant get a car charger for the DS Lite, :thumbsdow gutted

you can get them as part of an accessory pack from places like amazon and play.
pete

DS Lite and original DS both have exactly the same batteries so the chargers work fine with either including car chargers. In fact even a GBA SP charger works fine with the DS.

Epicurus said:
DS Lite and original DS both have exactly the same batteries so the chargers work fine with either including car chargers. In fact even a GBA SP charger works fine with the DS.

A GBA charger works fine with an original DS but not with a Lite - they have different connections.

I'm sure you can get a lite car charger from game.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom