Car change today - renault19 to Rover 420 TD

Discussion in 'Motoring' started by addyb, Sep 5, 2007.

1. addyb

addyb
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,295
    Hi all,

Well just wanted some opinions really on the Rover 420D turbo diesel 2.0 (1998) model.

I passed my test earlier this year and got a renault19 prima off my father in law (who wheels and deals in cars at the auctions every day)
    The renault was a great car to build up my road experience as it wasnt the easiest car to drive. Anyway last night he told me about the rover he had and im going to view it tonight. All the usual mod cons and leather interior. Im giving him my renault + £200 for it. (family rates!! :smashin:)

Anyone thats owned one of these i just wanted to know what its like etc. Im not expecting anything spectacular but its a good upgrade from my shed of a renault 19.. IMO!

2. Kieron

Kieron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,149
    Frying pan and fire comes to mind....

Too many horror stories for me on both makes...

3. Uridium

Uridium

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,855
    Can only be a forward move, I once had a Renault 19 16v; it pains me to even think about it.

I seem to recall the biggest problem with the older Rover's was the Petrol K-Series head gasket fiasco, you're buying the Diesel though so your fine.
    I'm sure you Father-in-Law wouldn't sell you a pup.

4. addyb

addyb
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,295
    Well to be honest altho my renault 19 is nothing to look at its been a belter in terms of reliability. Ive just had it Mot'd this afternoon and it passed.
    Im going to view the rover tonight so looks like i will be making the switch. My best mate is a great mechanic as well so any issues and he will sort it out as well as he always does with friends/family.