Car care products for white car

jono987

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, my old man has just purchased himself a new (to him) car. Its a Lexus IS250 F sport in white. Id like to buy him some cleaning products for it for Christmas, but i have zero idea of the best products to buy. I usually clean my own old car with any old shampoo from my local car care shop.

He has polish / shampoo etc but i don't think they're anything special, probably just generic stuff like i use myself.

Can anyone recommend some good quality products for him to look after his new pride and joy? Ive browsed the threads before in this forum and noticed one or two people who seem to know a lot about valeting their cars and keeping them looking great.

Cheers guys!

By hand I still use Autoglym Super Resin polish. Then to seal I was using Collinite 476s wax but find Gtechniq c2v3 so much easier to apply. I'd also look at a Farcela G3 clay mitt, its surprising how dirty a used car actually is.

Brill thanks, all that stuff looks great, think ill just order everything you've suggested ha! Do you use the clay mitt with any car shampoo? I.E just keep dunking the mitt in the soapy bucket and washing with it?

There are hundreds off shampoos out there, I've always been a fan of autoglym products so been using their shampoo for years.
Give the car a good clean first then go over it with the G3 mitt using soapy water like you said as lubricant, you'll be able to feel the difference after.

Great cheers mate, all ordered and on the way from Amazon :) Think I'll give them a try on my own car after he's opened them [emoji5]

I've just bought a white car and plan to use the same products. I use Autoglym shampoo and Gtechniq c2v3 sealant. I also bought some Gtechniq G5 sealant for the wheels.
Get him a good microfibre drying towel and some good quality microfibre clothes for applying the sealant. You might want a decent foam pad for applying the wax.

I buy my microfibre cloths from ebay. You shouldn't need to apply wax(476s) and a sealant(c2v3).
I've also gone for c5 on the wheels, seems to be doing a decent job and makes cleaning the alloys a lot easier.

No you shouldn't need wax and sealant, but people do for extra protection. Apply the wax, then seal it. I just use sealant.

I personally don't like the Autoglym shampoo. The Auto Finesse shampoo is superb.

Also, the new Auto Finesse Aqua Coat is really impressive. You spray it on after you've rinsed off the shampoo, then rinse the car again. It leaves behind a hydro-phobic coating which makes drying the car so much easier.

Tell a lie, I'm using Meguiars Gold Class shampoo, but I really liked the Gtechniq stuff I had last time.

Check out Dodo Juice Born Slippy for your clay lube and their white waxes are great too (forgot the name....)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom