1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Car breakdown insurance...bargain.

Discussion in 'Motoring' started by lynx, Apr 10, 2005.

1. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    I've just got off the phone to Norwich Union, to purchase car breakdown insurance. I got the full package Rescue, recovery, at home and onward travel for less than £50. Much cheaper than the others, details of packages can be found http://www.norwichunion.com/breakdown-cover/cover-options.htm . Call 0800 0964704, get a quote and then give reference CQM1, which should now reduce the quote by ½. They appear to be using RAC to provide the service. Depending on the level of cover and the age of the vehicle, the premium may by just over £20 for the year. :smashin:

2. Dr Diversity

Dr Diversity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmm, sounds useful. I am currently beating them down on the car insurance renewal and updating the breakdown cover now that the newer car is outside the 3 year AA it came with. Got quoted £84 for Mr & Mrs fully covered as driver or passenger in any vehicle. When I renew I will quote CQM1 and see what I get...thanks :)

3. dolph

dolph

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Out of interest where does the CQM1 come from. My RAC renewed recently and despite their claims that you get in effect a discount for not using them in any given year (an NCB so to speak) my price went up and was more than what a new joiner to RAC would pay...