Car Boot Sales

NewFangled

Standard Member
Reaction score
Since everyone has had to tigten the wallet strings and I havent had as mutch money to spend on shiny new Tech :(

So with the Great Banl Holiday weather, I have been visiting the local Car Boot Sales :smashin:

Not only are they good exercise, but I have managed to grab some great bargain techy stuff recently!

I just got DVB-T USB Freeview receiver for just £2, and a nifty little Digital Camera for £5!

Also I suppose I am being green as it also recycling stuff :)

I found lots of car boot sales from a directory, link is below.

Car Boot Sale Directory

Hopefully if the weather holds up I will be going to more sales in the near future!

Last edited:
Thought it would be more hassle than its worth ...
7am setup
£15 to pitch your car in a field
pro-boot-fairs jumping in your car before you've even put your handbrake on
every person asking you "whats your best on this" (its marked up as 25p)
wind, cold, kids, people, old people, more kids, more old people ... my life wasting away for what ... £22.35

sounds great - see you at Denham car boot on Saturday (no you won't)

most of the ones round here are more a case of a sunday market with a few boots tacked on the end :thumbsdow

Thought it would be more hassle than its worth ...
7am setup
£15 to pitch your car in a field
pro-boot-fairs jumping in your car before you've even put your handbrake on
every person asking you "whats your best on this" (its marked up as 25p)
wind, cold, kids, people, old people, more kids, more old people ... my life wasting away for what ... £22.35

sounds great - see you at Denham car boot on Saturday (no you won't)

Different strokes for different folks I suppose.:)

I only ever sold at a boot sale, a few times, a couple of years ago I made approx £120! came in very handy as I was skint at the time!

I also got far far more for my stuff than if I would have taken the stuff to any of these rip off high street Cash for Goods stores too!

I probably could have made a bit more money by parting them out on ebay, but I did not have the hassle of posting stuff out, or any comebacks on items etc

Its either take it or leave it at a boot sale.

Although I have found some sellers who want nearly new prices for things at boot sales, if you want top money then use ebay or something and let people bid!

I once asked about a used SDS electric drill having already seen the exact same one in Argos, it had a few scuffs etc from use, and missing drill bits etc but looked ok!

The seller wanted £5 more than Argos new price!:eek:

Also remember if I get it from argos it has a 12 month warranty!

So for people like this please don't go to boot sales as you will just end up taking your items home, and annoying buyers:mad:

most of the ones round here are more a case of a sunday market with a few boots tacked on the end :thumbsdow

Yea there are some rubbish ones, with bad organisation.

Your best bet is to try and find a large proper organised Boot sales where there are fewer traders and genuine people out to sell there unwanted goods, instead of traders with overpriced junk.

I have grabbed some great bargains from these types of sales.

They are also great for DVD collecting now as used ones seem to have gone very cheap!, dunno but th price of used dvd's really has plummeted, maybe it due to BluRay being the latest thing!

I do mean genuine ones not copies, most are now £1 or £1.50, I have purchased the odd one for 50p even.

I got the night flyer for £1 and Executive Descision for 50p and on amazon new they would have cost about £15!

I think back to my first DVD Player I was paying £16 for one DVD Movie in Woolworths:suicide:

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom