• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Car Alternatives

Currently driving a Seat Leon FR TDI 2.0, have about 5k left to pay to the finance company after having it a year and a half only doing 8,500 miles or so i am or have contemplated changing to an alternative petrol and lower my monthly payments and save the difference towards a house.

I am just stuck on alternatives within the same price bracket / power. The Seat Leon is a great car but for a 5 mile commute to work everyday seems a waste as its also got the DPF and in time i wonder whether this will cause me problems.

oska

Prominent Member
As you already have a Seat what about the new Ibiza FR or Cupra, same engine as the above motors in different states of tune?

i thought that, but is going from a leon 2.0 FR TDI to a 1.4 Ibiza Cupra not a step backwards, i mean i know its a 1.4 TSI engine but it just dont feel like ide be getting anything different plus they are like 15k which i dont want to spend !!

Solomon Grundy

Distinguished Member
5 mile commute? I'd get an old smoker for that and buy something for the weekend.

FZR400RRSP

Banned
5 mile commute? I'd get an old smoker for that and buy something for the weekend.

I have a 3.5 mile commute.
Common sense says I should get a commuter car as well.
But you need somewhere to keep your 'good' car blablablabla
Logictically, just too much bother us having three cars to accommodate on a double driveway.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom